Professional help needed. NTC part 2 - IAS appeal, should I shouldn't? photo inc.

Ok so story cut short.

Paid and displayed. (ticket was clearly displayed at time of receiving parking fine notice on side window from Norwich Traffic Control)

I appealed with forum template and with additional paragraph stating I had paid and displayed and have evidence.

I did not send evidence in as advised not to.

Today I receive email... you guessed it... saying that they were not accepting my appeal... "Our records show that the notice was correctly issued as your vehicle was parked in in a manner liable to attract a parking charge."

They also attached there evidence which is a photo of their signage which seams to state 'if requested' you need to display a permit or id with a pay and display ticket.

- photo below, in reply section, of signage -

Realistically what should I do.

Appeal to IAS? using forum guide?
Cut my loses and pay?
Not do anything?

also should I write to NTC and request their evidence?

Many thanks,
Lucy

Replies

• edited 31 December 2014 at 11:56AM
    LucyLaLucyLa Forumite
    11 Posts
    edited 31 December 2014 at 11:56AM
    forum will not let me post photo for 'spamming' reasons because I am a 'new'ish member

Please place together the two parts of the photo link below and copy into your browser address bar.

http://

i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/reephamhigh/ntc/ntc.png

,,, perhaps a established member of this forum could post the photo for me?

thanks
  • edited 31 December 2014 at 12:11PM
    bazsterbazster Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    edited 31 December 2014 at 12:11PM
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/reephamhigh/ntc/ntc.png

I'd ignore it if I were you. Come back if you ever receive a letter before claim or genuine court papers from NTC or its solicitors (this is very unlikely). Ignore blood-curdling but empty threats from debt collectors.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • hoohoohoohoo Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Appeal to the IPC stating you displayed a ticket and enclose your proof.

This sounds like an appeal the IPC will allow - they just dont like the legal appeals.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a BPA sign so a complaint to DVLA should be in order.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do not think it matters with IAS appeals, the more that are rejected the more it will discredit their process. If PoPLA allow 40% of appeals, and IAS 5% you can show to a judge that a win by the red Cow Mob has little going for it.

I would suggest that, rather than shun them, we all deliberately set to lose on valid legal argument, (but without going into too much detail), and common sense. I am sure that we will come out on top in the end.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • bazsterbazster Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I really do not think it matters with IAS appeals, the more that are rejected the more it will discredit their process. If PoPLA allow 40% of appeals, and IAS 5% you can show to a judge that a win by the red Cow Mob has little going for it.

I would suggest that, rather than shun them, we all deliberately set to lose on valid legal argument, (but without going into too much detail), and common sense. I am sure that we will come out on top in the end.

I think there's merit in that argument. Furthermore, the IAS rejections are so ludicrously biased and unprofessional I think having one of those in your portfolio actually makes it less likely the PPC will bring a court case. None of the PPC, the IPC, Gladstones Solicitors or the anonymous adjudicator is going to want a real judge to see the codswallop they come out with!
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you fancy setting out to try an IAS appeal then show your draft here. I do hope you didn't muck up the carefully worded first appeal template by admitting who was driving which is what your first post says...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • LucyLaLucyLa Forumite
    11 Posts
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    If you fancy setting out to try an IAS appeal then show your draft here. I do hope you didn't muck up the carefully worded first appeal template by admitting who was driving which is what your first post says...

Yeah I probably did muck it up

"On the date 18.12.2014 I displayed a valid ticket on my car, registration O*** *** which was visible at the time of your notice being issued."

That was my addition.
  • LucyLaLucyLa Forumite
    11 Posts
    I am now going to write to the land owner and complain. Do you think it would hurt to ask Norwich Traffic Control for their evidence?
  • edited 3 January 2015 at 9:29PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 January 2015 at 9:29PM
    LucyLa wrote: »
    Yeah I probably did muck it up

"On the date 18.12.2014 I displayed a valid ticket on my car, registration O*** *** which was visible at the time of your notice being issued."

That was my addition.
    OMG, that's an example of what NOT to add to a carefully written appeal from the keeper - oh dear, why did it never dawn on you NOT to add 'me myself or I' when talking about the silly ticket - which you did not even have to add. Pointless, luckily it doesn't quite say who was driving - but it puts you there - which must have made the PPC laugh. I wouldn't bother to write at all to NTC, just complain to the landowner and as hoohoo says, you could appeal to the IPC stating you displayed a ticket and enclose your proof, why not? Your proof would need to be MORE than just a pic of the P&D ticket, you need to show it was displayed. Who cares if you lose at IAS (it's not binding on you) and I understand why some here suggest we should be doing these silly IAS appeals and if we lose them, complain to the DVLA every time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides