How long is reasonable to wait for item?

Options
On 20th Dec I bought an item on eBay that was supposed to be couriered to me. The item was originally collection only but I contacted the buyer and they were happy to organise and send it through My Hermes if I paid the costs. She said she would let me know when the item had been picked up but I haven't heard anything since. I messaged her yesterday morning but haven't had a reply.

I'm sure they've been tied up with Xmas but would appreciate being kept informed as it's an item I need (or should I say needed) quite urgently. Is sending a message once a day until I receive a reply considered too much?

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Charliezoo wrote: »
    On 20th Dec I bought an item on eBay that was supposed to be couriered to me. The item was originally collection only but I contacted the buyer and they were happy to organise and send it through My Hermes if I paid the costs. She said she would let me know when the item had been picked up but I haven't heard anything since. I messaged her yesterday morning but haven't had a reply.

I'm sure they've been tied up with Xmas but would appreciate being kept informed as it's an item I need (or should I say needed) quite urgently. Is sending a message once a day until I receive a reply considered too much?
    Get their phone number and call.
    There are several reasons for no replies, so not quite worth panicking yet given the holidays.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hopefully it wasn't being sent by Citylink!

It is still early for many couriers to have delivered, but I would have expected the seller to at least confirm item was sent and possibly send you the tracking number as well. I agree with the above- phone them.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Did it turn up eventually?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business