Switch to Santander 123 from my HSBC cuurent account.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
24 replies 3.1K views
13»

Replies

• planteriaplanteria Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    HSBC won't close your Credit Card account due to you closing your current account with them.

i'm an HSBC customer, and shall remain so, but my question would be: why do you want to keep the Credit Card account open? i have used them for Balance Transfers in the past, but i never get any repeat deals...so i haven't retained one of their cards..

you could have a Cashback/Points card for spending, or apply for a Barclaycard/MBNA card for transferring a balance.:)
  • Kim_13Kim_13 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Intrepid Forum Explorer Newshound!
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely contact Santander about the address issue, stating that you believe it may have affected the decision as it's caused issues in the past and could they reconsider.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £19.55/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £20.75/£180.00
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    colsten wrote: »
    123 doesn't pay 3% cashback on supermarkets.

why not?
    Its not "All" supermarkets, or "All" petrol stations, its only certain ones.
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Its not "All" supermarkets, or "All" petrol stations, its only certain ones.

Agreed, and I didn't say that it is. I quoted text from their website verbatim.

My "why not?" was/is addressed to buglawton who suggested that the 123 CC is "Not so good for those who prefer to be cautious about CC spending though". I am just trying to understand why it would not be.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals