Living richly; simply and debt-freely

Options

Comments

• Aloofdragon
    Options
    wishus wrote: »
    Not in the closet at all - I'm a massive Whovian! :hello:

Me too, My claim to fame is our comprehensive school is where the new Doctor is saving the world from at present, plus where Stella is based too.
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Christmas savings £200/£800.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
    Birthday savings £50 /£100.
    100 days #20 Credit union £40/£1150
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Smilie of the day.

snowinds-smiley.gif?1292867676
  • Hopefuljoy
    Hopefuljoy Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2014 at 1:25PM
    Options
    Good almost morning folks! My body clock is shot to pieces so I've only just put the heating in low and am waiting for the house to warm up before clambering out of bed. We put on extra duvets at night to MSE as well. It all helps. Our home is a nineteen sixty six terrace and it doesn't take much time to heat at all. Like most homes then they went in for large picture Windows so I put double glazing in as soon as we got here and replaced the wiring and central heating. So glad I spent the money then as I certainly couldn't now!!

At first the house was a compromise, I'd rejected it for the tiny third bedroom and amount that needed doing. But then Him discovered the address of the other one thanks to a careless judge and I had to rearrange a solid purchase within four weeks to keep the sale of the family home going through so we ended up here. Now though I love it! In spite of its shortcomings it's become a real home. I think the turning point was finishing the kitchen and bathroom this year. My parents very kindly loaned me the money for the latter which was in a really bad way. I'm paying them back by standing order each month which is all budgeted for.

Sorry folks, I seem to be in reflective rambling mode! What I can say is that you all have kept me going in an incredibly tough year which started with severe depression and a diagnosis of CPTSD, the loss of my job under very distressing circumstances, large debts which seemed impossible to overcome at the time through to recovery, a wonderful restful Summer, the CAP money course, paying off debts, rape counselling, the restoration of my and DD s relationship with my DS, his engagement, to landing a lovely teaching position in a really supportive and caring school. Thank you all of you!! You gave me encouragement and love when I was ready to curl up and give up. :eek:I'm blessed to have stumbled across your thread Greying all those months ago!:A

Have a very happy New year folks!:T:T:T
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • Hopefuljoy
    Hopefuljoy Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2014 at 1:27PM
    Options
    Love your smilies upsidedownbear!!
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • supersaver1000
    Options
    What a great post Hopefuljoy just shows what a difference a year makes. Heres hoping that 2015 will be fantabulous for all of us, and I know that it will be great on MSE with all the lovely supportive people. :D

Happy New Year to one and all :D:D:D:D
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Hopefuljoy wrote: »
    Love your smilies upsidedownbear!!

wet-kiss-smiley.gif?1292867699
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just dropping in to wish all........... Blywddyn Newydd Dda :D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • helena124
    Options
    Love your new diary Greying and reading your posts and comments from other fellow Pilgrimers fills me with joy, you and your fine travel companions are uplifting, compassionate, humorous and I am enriched by travelling on this debt (wanabee) free journey albeit that I am usually loitering and not contributing.

A very good New Year to one and all when it comes - happy Hogmanay :j

Helena xx
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    For dinner, as it is still December, and Tuesday's are still Thrifty we had soup. And I made.........*drumroll, purleeeeese* - Zuppa di Zio Antonio :D Which, as you will remember, is the soup that muddywhitechicken brought back from her Uncle's in Acrossthepondshire :D Of course, Zio Antonio may wish to have nothing to do with my version, as of course, I made it without meat :o But I hope that he will be proud that I started my version with a soffrito :) Picture here;

009_zpsfbaba9cf.jpg

I hadn't got any fresh parsley, so the leaves scattered on top are shredded celery leaves (Zio Antonio says these are good too :D) and there is a little dried parsley sprinkled over for ponce as much as anything :) Keeper of a recipe, as it is just the sort of ingredients that I have (usually) in the house :D And also, Zio Antonio cooks like I do - bit of this, bit of that, and cook until it's done... :D

Looks good Greying - I'm sure Uncle Tony would give you 10/10 :T

Happy New Year everyone!

MWCx
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Looks good Greying - I'm sure Uncle Tony would give you 10/10 :T

Happy New Year everyone!

MWCx

MWC, I love coincidences, I had just finished copying the recipe into a file and clicked on Greying's thread and there you were:D

Huge piece of gammon in pressure cooker, it will be glazed and let go cold for family visit tomorrow (already checked and the GS's love gammon). I will save some of the stock for Uncle Tony's soup, stocked up on beans this morning in readiness:D

Hopefuljoy, I am thrilled for you and hope that 2015 is amazing for you and your family (little licks from Miss Border Collie to Pirin:D

A very happy, healthy and solvent new year to Greying, DP and all the lovely Pilgrims, you are a fantastic group of people. xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure