🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Decent (twin) landline handset. Good volume, clarity etc.?

Options
2»

Comments

• shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There is another thing called being bone idle, wanting to be waited upon and have others sort things out for you !

Unfortunately the bone idle on here seem to be on the increase !
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    What is "truecall"?

It blocks unwanted calls. You can either buy it as a unit or the Dect phones linked to have a more simple version built in.

http://www.truecall.co.uk/home.aspx
    Also, is a built in voicemail thing really necessary? I mean, 1571 does the job doesn't it?

BT are now charging for 1571 and it's quite likely that other providers may follow suit. An actual answer machine is much better than the simple 1571 but each to their own. I don't particularly like the fact that 1571 takes a message when you're on a call as opposed to giving the engaged phone as I find many people never seem to check their messages.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Not really.

There is a thing called Google though.

There's also a thing called just generally being helpful.

Yes but you could have looked up Truecall and then come back with some specific questions that you had about its use having read a bit about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport