* Walking in a Winter Wonderland * - It's the 2015 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Most wonderful time of the year gets my vote, but don't really mind, as long as l can find it.
    Well we are on the red line countdown, l thought l was all ready for the big day, but had forgotten how much food an extra 4 people need!! AND DS1 has cut out all animal products from his diet. lt was bad enough last year when it was all meat/fish out, but this is so annoying, a whole menu replan was/is needed.
    Will this rain ever stop? no? bugg*r.
    All presents are wrapped and ready, so l am not too stressed about the rest.
    Have a lovely time, everyone, celebrate the way you want to, l hope your stockings get filled with all the things you wish for, and the time with families, (or not) is enjoyed to the max. MERRY CHRISTMAS xxx
  • Morning everyone, im just eating christmas tree crumpets leftover from our North Pole Breakfast, my diet has gone for a burton until New Year, i am weak willed and there are temptations everywhere so i am giving myself a break, guilt free then back on it next year.

MOJOWORKING thankyou my lovely, aww are you ok? I hope you get your christmassy mojo back before christmas, i sometimes think where we all plan for so long when it actually comes round we are tired and a bit lacklustre. Although it doesnt stop me immediately thinking of christmas next year in the sales :rotfl:
    I think i sort of panicked at having thumper for my two days and thinking thats two days less to do any prep and seeing that the house needs a good going over, i dont really want to be rushing around christmas eve, i want to enjoy it knowing that everything is done, sending you lots of festive hugs x

WHITESATIN when i do christmas dinner i use frozen roast potatoes (still cook them in goose fat) my ex FIL said they were the best roast potatoes he had ever eaten haha little did he know they were frozen :rotfl:
    frozen roast honey parsnips and yorkshire puddings, i dont want to be in the kitchen for hours, but DS is cooking this year and has insisted on doing everything from scratch so crack on i say :D

ALIASLOTTE im sure a tiny bit of amaretto would be lovely in that rocky road, i thought i used some in nigellas recipe last year but i just looked and it was just the biscuits, im sure i have made a boozy version before

VULPIX ooh i would love to see pics of your new kitchen :) that is fab having your story reading on the radio, glad you are getting some christmas decs up, DD2 only found time to put tree up yesterday!

RUTHHONEY ooh glad you got the money from your brother :D Some people really dont understand how much christmas needs to be thought about, food, sleeping arrangements etc let alone 5 days before, but well done you for actually saying no

PRINCESSKITTY i think it was channel 4 or 5 i watched it on catch up, something expensive christmas it was called. I hope wiggle gets rid of his cough soon. Mmm that fudge sounds lovely, this is the first year in many that i havent made fudge!

MRSMONEYPENNY you didnt come across as judgemental at all, you were just commenting and didnt upset anyone x

04624181 ah bless you yes that is exactly what i did and felt much better after thankyou, i always cook my turkey christmas eve, let it cool, wrap in foil and put it in the fridge then the next day slice it cover in cling film and heat up in microwave, it is always nice and juicy and you know the main star of the show is done then, i love that even the dog is getting a spruce up for christmas :rotfl:

CLUMSY haha my DS is the christmas police then :rotfl:
    :rotfl:
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • MRSINVISIBLE oh no what a nightmare i wouldnt know where to start :D have a wonderful christmas with all your lovely family x
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you 3forholidays, I also like both but prefer 'it's the most wonderful time of the year' just to keep the word Christmas out of it and not scare away new comers lol. But happy to have the thread no matter what it's called.

We are now having Christmas dinner at my dads house, I will be doing all the cooking etc but he has the spaces the full dinner service, and he can relax in his own house. My sister should be helping , but she has a knack of disappearing and isn't much use in the kitchen, my DD (10) has offered to peel the tatties and is probably better at cooking than my 37 yr old sister lol.
    Hoping to get the rest of the food we need tomorrow, then going down to Dads to prepare it all and set the table on Christmas Eve morning. That way Christmas day will be as easy as possible.

I am also waiting for 6 orders arriving. All say dispatched. Just hope they come in time. I ended up ordering a few things from Notonthehighstreet.com. So many things are expensive, but some gorgeous different things. I got my 13 yr old Neice some silver star earrings. There is 3 wee stars in a row, so cute, and a little bag of happiness. Teenage girls are so hard to buy for, and I prefer to give gifts instead of money/vouchers to kids. Fingers crossed she likes the quirkiness of the wee bag.

Also go my two brother in laws a home made ginger beer brewing kit. Looks easy enough and a but different too.

The kids are still in school up until Wednesday at 2:30pm. It means I can get stuff wrapped and organised, but feel they are missing out on doing things or watching good films on telly.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 December 2015 at 3:15PM
    3forholiday thanks for continuing to run the thread. I do like both title ideas but most wonderful time of the year gets my vote and won't upset the scrooges out there who don't like the C word before december

Freespirit I think with everything going on lately its no wonder you feel stressed out I usually find that we cope really well when under pressure but as soon as things settle down and you can relax a little the tears start for no real reason but its a huge relief afterwards. hope your feeling a bit better now and glad to hear thumper is on the mend

msgigglewick Have a lovely christmas

Fiesty hope some of your stuff is salvagable.

Whitesatin def nothing wrong with going for the easy options for dinner no point in making more work than necessary in fact I don't even cook xmas day :eek: we have our xmas dinner roast xmas eve or boxing day depening on what we're doing

taz was fine he slept like a log and was most annoyed that I kept waking him up just had a lovely bump & a bit of a headache the next couple of days. The last couple of bits I was waiting on came today so that's me done gift wise :D just need to drop off a couple of bits tomorrow. Food shopping is pretty much done other than a few fresh bits like bread/rolls which i can get locally if I have to.

If its not too busy when we go past might pick up something from argos tomorrow as have been sent a nectar offer of spend 500 points get 1000 back which isn't a bad deal but not too fussed if I miss it as not worth queuing ages for and there's nothing I actually need.

anyone else feeling a little sad that its nearly over? I'm excited and looking forward to it but hate that low feeling I get once its over.

off to do some xmas baking tc all

Nic That is late to break up from school mine finished thurs guessing they thought most parents would prefer it but doesn't give you much time to do all the pre xmas things
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Almost forgot. On Christmas Eve the International space station passes over about 17:20 it's only for a minute in a SSW directions. Will be worth looking if it's clear. Last year it passed on Christmas day and we told the kids that was Santa going back home. I think it's 4:30pm on Christmas day, but the Christmas Eve sighting will be great along with Norad.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Banged my head again! :eek: This time on the car door frame. Someone lock me up so I cant hurt myself! Ah well, not like I needed all those lovely brain cells anyway. :rotfl:
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • Ouch clumsy hope it's not too painful.

Ds2 has had his jabs so we are back home I'm finishing the ironing and he's resting his arms while playing on the Xbox LOL
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    clumsy ouch hope its not too sore. ever noticed how you do it once you do it repeatedly? I walked into the same door 3 times the other day :o I could blame on the lack of sleep because of taz & the fact it tends to swing back when you open it but really you think after the 1st time I'd have been more careful :doh:

Nic thanks for that will have to keep an eye open

Mrsmoneypenny hope ds isn't too sore. suprising how they can forget about it when it comes to playing games though.
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • He's 15 so milking it for all its worth. All he managed to carry from the shops afterwards was the choc orange he persuaded me to buy him for being such a brave ickle soldier. LOL
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure