PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Claire's OS house deposit quest!

Options

Comments

• betsycat
    betsycat Posts: 107 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh I'd not thought of buying up a years supply in one go NewShadow, that's a good idea! Zooplus are a pain with the packaging aren't they – they once sent me a scratching post in a box taller and wider than me! Always lots of room in the boxes with a few things rattling around loose at the bottom.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Our purry monsters had a new cat tree from Zoo+ for Christmas. One of the beds hangs over the living room radiator and they've spent that much time in it I'm surprised that their legs still work.

So far so good. Holiday pot off to a good start and 3.5 lbs off weight wise, leaving quite a lot to lose still but Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. Grocery challenge under control and plenty of food left. I'm contemplating giving up diet coke once I've finished what is left in the fridge. It's a waste of money and bad for me......repeats to self waste of money and bad for me, waste of money and so on.
  • skintmum2012
    Options
    Hey everyone i shall declare safings at the end of the monh be happy if i just keep out of overdraft this month as it was 500 by pay day last month.

New shadow what a fantastic idea to get everything in one go could i ask what codes you used please?
    I have spent £90 on shopping in the waitrose sale today it should have been £200 though so will give me a good chance to start my sencond purse again. I have also got 4 chickens in that so that's 4 rubber chickens for us over the next month or two :)
    February GC £261.97/24 NSDS 10/12
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6
    ARPIL 300/ 238.23 NSD'S 10/3

• NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    zoo+ gives reward points which I traded for food
    topcashback gives 4.2% cashback
    code STOCK-UP used at checkout gives 3%
    And I bought the 1 year rebate plan which is another (I think) 5%

HTH
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • skintmum2012
    Options
    thank you New Shadow that really does help :) I am thinking it might be a good idea to stock up on my dogs food any discount I can get is good as his food costs a fortune.
    February GC £261.97/24 NSDS 10/12
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6
    ARPIL 300/ 238.23 NSD'S 10/3

• CyclingLondonSaver
    Options
    Morning all! Hope you're having a pleasant Saturday.

Friday was not a No Spend Day as I was out for dinner for my housemate's birthday. Thankfully my total spend was only £14 though - I used a voucher and stuck to tap water. Also resisted buying a dessert so saved money there. £14 not a bad spend for an evening out I think.

This weekend will certainly not be a NSD - need to pick up some work clothes today and do a food shop tomorrow. Trying to keep the spends down though.
    Fed up of paying off someone else's mortgage so saving for a deposit for my own home :D

As of 20/07/2015: £35000 / £35000 :T :T :j

Now saving for stamp duty and furniture
  • NewShadow
    Options
    Couldn't sleep last night so had a lie in this morn.

Missed breakfast, so lunch will be half a melon with yogurt (melon needs eating)
    Dinner is 1/4 roast chicken, with potato wedges, cabbage, coleslaw
    Snacks - there's still a huge number of satsumas that need eating.

Today I also plan on actually putting on my trainers and starting to run... can't keep putting it off, and its actually not raining atm

• NewShadow
    Options
    Good news/ Bad news day - Ran a mile.

Good news - I can still run a mile.
    Bad news - I can only run a mile.

Given I used to run 8 miles in an hour, three times a week... Little depressing.

But still. Good news - I actually stopped at a mile without hurting myself. Not long ago I would have kept going until I hurt myself.

Now I just need to work on a plan to get myself back running.

• CyclingLondonSaver
    Options
    Good work NewShadow! You'll soon be back to 8 miles an hour again, keep persevering. I can only run for about thirty seconds before giving up! I do like cycling though (hence the username!); I'm hoping to do the cycle from Stratford to Hertford next weekend with a friend, 22 miles or so!

Clothes shopping was a success today. I spent £34 on some shirts, £3 on a belt and £25 on a pair of trousers today, all necessary for work. However got home and realised I had a pair of work trousers I didn't know about. So I've decided to return the trousers next week, meaning £25 back into my account and straight to the savings.

I also treated myself to a burrito for £6 :o My own fault, I was starving, should have had breakfast before I went out. I shall have to be extra-frugal next week to make up for it. Proper OS dinner though - spicy mackerel pasta made totally from store cupboard stuff.

Just making some meal plans for next week now so I can keep costs down on tomorrow's food shop at Lidl. :T
    Fed up of paying off someone else's mortgage so saving for a deposit for my own home :D

As of 20/07/2015: £35000 / £35000 :T :T :j

Now saving for stamp duty and furniture
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Stupid question....how do you know when you've run a mile?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure