🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Porting number while overseas - what will happen?

Options
MrChips
MrChips Posts: 1,010 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
On Thursday I applied to port a number from Orange to Vodafone. I was advised that it would take place on Monday as I narrowly missed the cut off time that day. There was a warning message on the Vodafone website that the transfer wouldn't go through if I (and my phone) are overseas when it happens.

Trouble is I am scheduled to go overseas that day on a business trip. My flight isn't until the afternoon so I went through with the porting request on the chance that it happens before the flight leaves (and also as my PAC expires today). My question is what happens if it doesn't go through in time?

Will I have to get another PAC code and do it again or, worse, will my number be lost forever as it will have left my Orange phone but never arrive at my new phone?
If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...

Comments

• seaviewing
    Options
    Google "mnp guide" the second link details the timescales you can expect for port day.
    I was always told the port can't occur once you are roaming - there's no info in the link about roaming though.

If all goes to plan (how likely that may be!)and if you departed after 1500 you *should* be ok according to the guide.

Best call asap and check though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family