Faulty phone

Options
My husband got a new contract phone in July of this year, with O2. The phone display has completely gone and phone will not charge. He took his phone to our local O2 shop today, and they want to send the phone away for repair. As his phone is vital for his job, my husband asked if he could just have a new replacement phone, but O2 said that they don't do that. They will send the faulty phone away for repair and if they can't fix it, then he will get a new phone. As my husband has had this phone for just under 6 months, and the phone is presently not "fit for purpose" is he within his rights to ask for a new phone? We would greatly appreciate advice on this.

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In a word - no. The shop is allowed to have a reasonable time to get the phone inspected and repaired. Always have a cheap unlocked old mobile for such eventualities.
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You should always bear in mind that they have a right to inspect the phone to ensure there is no physical damage ( internally or externally ) .
    Why should they consider exchanging the phone if its damaged.
    Also remember that most exchanges are for reconditioned phones of a similar age and condition.
    Its quite often the best bet to have it repaired although even then if they have to reset the phone you will lose all your photos and other info.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure