12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tatabubbly wrote: »
    I'm still in my normal jeans, just tend to use a hair bobble to put top together. Plan on just buying some primary large large leggings for summer, my local new look doesn't have maternity ones.

I'm 20 weeks now, feeling a lot better now, feeling kicks every morning and night now. Happy to be home, have got lots of babies stuff here but I've just to get few bits in chemist now and that will be me.

Knackered after my sisters hen party, it was a pretty full on weekend but I'm glad she had a good time.

Does your New Look not so Click and Collect? Their leggings are a lifesaver. Also the ones in Asda are amazing!
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Flutter - try not to worry, my friend didn't feel movement until she was about 24 weeks as she has an anterior placenta (at the front) which cushions the feeling. She isn't plus size either, so I think it has more to do with placenta placement than anything else.

For me, the first movements were like flutters and very infrequent, and got stronger and more frequent as time went on. They're like thumps now at 25+3 lol. So, you may go from not feeling anything/much, to full on thumps, I'm not sure what it feels like when you feel them first off later on. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lulu_92 wrote: »
    Does your New Look not so Click and Collect? Their leggings are a lifesaver. Also the ones in Asda are amazing!

Lulu, I don't think so, I've never done it tbh. We don't have Asda unfortunately in Ireland, I did check the one I passed in Northern Ireland but they were out of stock
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks skint and euronorris. I'm not worrying...yet! I was just hoping. I've had a few popping sensations today so will see how/if they progress. 20 week scan is on Monday (put back from today) so I'm just being impatient!
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tatabubbly wrote: »
    Lulu, I don't think so, I've never done it tbh. We don't have Asda unfortunately in Ireland, I did check the one I passed in Northern Ireland but they were out of stock

You *should* be able to, it'll tell you on the website where your closest store is. Hope you can find some soon, all I wear is leggings now!
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• moneypenny21
    moneypenny21 Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks skint and euronorris. I'm not worrying...yet! I was just hoping. I've had a few popping sensations today so will see how/if they progress. 20 week scan is on Monday (put back from today) so I'm just being impatient!

With DC1 I wasn't sure until 20 weeks (anterior placenta) when the sonographer said "did you feel that kick?" and I said "oooh yeah!" this time I've been more sure but I know what to feel for and have a posterior placenta. Its quite amazing how much the kicks ramp up from virtually nothing to quite strong in just a few weeks. I'm also size 18/20 and I do think it cushions it a bit early on. The popping sensations are probably kicks :) Good luck for your scan xxx
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,016 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Babies bones start to harden from about 20 weeks so the kicka get harder so you will feel them more. I have been feeling mine for weeks.. I'm 23/24 weeks now and they have got really strong in the last couple of weeks.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses. I have had a look online at asda, they have a really nice tunic in a couple of colours that's I'm really tempted to order as I think that as I'm so short it would be fine for work with leggings once I have more of a bump. I do have a few dresses that I think will be ok once I get more of a bump (rather than how I look at the moment which is just like ive eaten too many cakes!!!). I will probably need to get a few smarter items too for work when I have meetings, so I'll be looking on the sites you have suggested.

I can't go into mothercare yet, I used to work there, and although it was over ten years ago I still know people who work there and I'm not quite ready for it to be common knowledge yet, not until I've told most my family which will be in a few weeks time!!
  • tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on the clothes ThinkPink.

My friend is losing weight here and has given me some of her bigger size shorts and dresses that will accommodate the bump so I'm really happy. I shall get leggings! Lol
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,016 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

A side question, how do all of you all fit you, OH, a long pregnancy pillow and a cat in the bed?! :rotfl:

I don't .. the cat p!$$ed me off jumping on my tum so she is thrown out and the other kept me awake getting washed sat on my feet.. I don't have a long pillow.. never felt the need... they just look and sound like a money fleecing scam.. and OH gets kicked as far from me as possible and if he touches me I may murder him (he is in the dog house this week!)

Clotheswise.. I'm 23 or 24 weeks I think .. thereabouts *shrug*.. and still wearing 3 pairs of pre-pregnancy leggings and 1 skirt which still just fit. I have 2 maxi dresses from the last pregnancy but I'm not buying anything more.. I have some jeans to sell which I cannot wear, 3 pairs of materniity leggings to sell which I cannot wear and maybe 3 or 4 tops to sell. Some of those are new! I think I have a couple of maxi skirts somewhere but they dont feel nice when wearing them, I feel like a black marquee.. I have half a dozen summer maxi dresses it is too cold to wear too..

I have 2 dresses, 1 skirt, and 3 pairs of leggings I can wear.. sometimes I just stay in my nightie all day to save clothes in case I need to go out!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business