Vodafone Sure Signal

Options
westy22
westy22 Posts: 1,105 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
No signal at my new home and so ordered a Vodafone Sure Signal from their website over 4 weeks ago, gave debit card details etc and had email confirmation of the order saying 'we will keep you updated and your order will be sent shortly'.

Since then nothing - no delivery, no update, no communication, no-one contactable - zilch! :(

Hello, Vodafone - is anybody there?

Have any other forum members been able to successfully buy one of these gadgets and if so, did it work? Tempted to just cancel and find a new service provider.
Old dog but always delighted to learn new tricks!

Comments

• Leon_W
    Leon_W Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This is par for the Vodafone course.

Back in October I made the grave mistake of moving the family phones to Vodafone from Orange with Sure Signal being the only reason. I was told (when ordering the phones) that Sure Signal was out of stock and they would not be receiving any till next year. This was what I was told. Whether there is any truth in it I don't know because I have since come to realise that Vodafone are very economical with the truth and generally lie at every turn just to get rid of you.

In the end they said I could buy a Sure Signal off Ebay and they would discount my line rental. Which I did.

You're probably best off doing the same although getting it set up was another nightmare, purely down to Vodafone incompetence I might add and nothing to do with my Ebay seller who was a delight.

Now it does work I do get 5 bars in a no signal area though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure