IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Parking Charge - Armtrac

Options
12346»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    NFA wrote: »
    OK, I get that you all see that I have made a mistake here and that I don't understand what the mistake is. Don't know what more I can say other than, I don't see the mistake.

But I haven't written that someone has stolen my car, have I (that's a genuine question)?

I'm guessing that it's point 3?
    I wasn't talking about appeal points in the letter, was I?
    Get it sent to POPLA online and tick 3 out of 4 appeal reasons boxes - it is obvious which one doesn't apply.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • NFA
    NFA Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Righty, yes from the last 2 posts, it makes sense now. The confusion came about because I have 4 points on which I am appealing and it just happens that there are 4 points to appeal on the POPLA site. I thought I'd written something that suggested the vehicle was stolen at the time and that one of my appeal points didn't count.

Yeah my bad, sorry. And thanks for all the help (especially Coupon Mad)

Fingers crossed it wins the appeal!
  • NFA
    NFA Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    I WON! I WON! I WON!!!!!

Thanks to this amazing resource, I won my appeal! And especially thanks to Mrs Coupon Mad who helped me with the appeal points which I totally didn't understand :)

Do you have a donations account or something. Share the love seeing as Armtrac isn't getting my money and all :)
  • Kukas_Dad
    Options
    NFA wrote: »
    I WON! I WON! I WON!!!!!

Thanks to this amazing resource, I won my appeal! And especially thanks to Mrs Coupon Mad who helped me with the appeal points which I totally didn't understand :)

Do you have a donations account or something. Share the love seeing as Armtrac isn't getting my money and all :)

Wonderful another win for the masses. That's 3 to us and 0 to them this past day.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done, excellent outcome!

Now, please do us a favour and tell all your friends about the private car park 'management' charade, the business model of which is principally aimed at issuing penalties to motorists and relieving them of eye-watering amounts of money. As you now know, they can be seen off with help from the forum.

Use Facebook and Twitter to tell your friends, and ask them to pass on the message to their friends. The more people know, the more sense we can knock into this system.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family