IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Parking Charge - Armtrac

Options

Comments

• NFA
    NFA Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    That will win, yep! Get it sent to POPLA online and tick 3 out of 4 appeal reasons boxes - it is obvious which one doesn't apply.

Stupid newbie question - Which one doesn't apply? I kinda don't really know much about this kind of thing and have obviously just copy pasted stuff that you've written. Is it the thing about the registered keeper?

So nothing to change, just send as is - with the photos?

Thanks!
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    You mean it's not obvious? Which one do YOU think does not apply? :)

(Clue - if this one applied you'd have a crime reference number) ;)
  • NFA
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    You mean it's not obvious? Which one do YOU think does not apply? :)

(Clue - if this one applied you'd have a crime reference number) ;)

Feeling like a bit of a retard right now. Think I'll just say "Oh yeah, haha" nod and agree.
  • NFA
    Options
    Really not getting this. Can someone please give me more of a hint as to which one doesn't apply?
  • Zero_Gravitas
    Options
    If we asked you if your car been stolen at the time when the alleged event occured, would that help you pick the one that doesn't apply?

ZG.
  • NFA
    Options
    OK, I'm fully admitting that I'm out of my depth and understand nothing about this. But I'm reading the letter through over and over and it doesn't stand out.

Maybe someone could answer a different question for me please - Have I written (copy pasted mainly) anything that could be interpreted as fraudulent? For reasons I"d prefer to not disclose, I really can not be getting my brothers company into any bother.

I'd prefer to take out the point that doesn't count, but genuinely, I don't know which one it is.

As I said, I'm totally new to all this :)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Who stole your car then?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • NFA
    Options
    OK, I get that you all see that I have made a mistake here and that I don't understand what the mistake is. Don't know what more I can say other than, I don't see the mistake.

But I haven't written that someone has stolen my car, have I (that's a genuine question)?

I'm guessing that it's point 3?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Getting too much now!

Tick all three of the four boxes JUST NOT THE STOLEN VEHICLE ONE!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    When completing the POPLA form it asks you to choose an appeal reason, and it gives 4 (largely nonsensical) options - you tick 3 of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport