🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

No Buying Unnecessary ToiletriesDecember 2014

Options

Comments

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    sundaysgirl
    My two favourite removers are Lancome B-facil and Gatineau Floracil, both are fairly expensive, but do not upset my sensitive skin, so I have stuck with them for ages, rather than possible waste money on trying new ones and having to get rid of them, I will be interested to see if you receive any recommendations:D

Great deal with the PCMC and the night cream:money:
    I'm afraid I don't like the Gatineau one very much (sorry) I got a massive bottle of it for Christmas last year, its not as good at removing my Urban decay Eye Make up or mascara (in general). Plus I found it a bit highly scented for me. My favourite is the Clinique take off the day eye make up remover, have got one in the stash ready for the Gatineau to finally get UU.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,991 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't like the Gatineau one very much (sorry) I got a massive bottle of it for Christmas last year, its not as good at removing my Urban decay Eye Make up or mascara (in general). Plus I found it a bit highly scented for me. My favourite is the Clinique take off the day eye make up remover, have got one in the stash ready for the Gatineau to finally get UU.

I will add the Clinique one to the list of "things to try when I NEED to buy more"

I am surprised that the Gatineau works for me, as you say it is quite strongly perfumed. Although I wear full range of eye make up, it is not highly pigmented, I can only look good with a softer effect nowadays sadly.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • SuiDreams
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I will add the Clinique one to the list of "things to try when I NEED to buy more"

I am surprised that the Gatineau works for me, as you say it is quite strongly perfumed. Although I wear full range of eye make up, it is not highly pigmented, I can only look good with a softer effect nowadays sadly.

I think my skin has started to adapt to it a bit, as when I 1st started using it, it made the eye area sore and dry and its not as bad now. I do often wake up in the morning to find I still have a lot of mascara left round the lashes which I find disappointing. Just crossing my fingers that I don't get another bottle for Christmas this year.

Just to add I awalays wear waterproof mascara despite being a contact lens wearer and use eyeshaddow primer as well every day. So it takes a lot to get it all off.
  • lankygirl20
    Options
    Id recommend Garnier Express 2in1 eye make up remover. Ive used lancome bi facil as long as i can remember but only get it when its a gwp. I found that the garnier one is alot more effective and removed thick waterproof mascara so easily without needing to rub at all. Its also not oily like lancome so is a bit more pleasant- or so I havr found :)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    finally got a UU to declare
    glad hair day shampoo all gone (DS2 has actually been helping me out with this -but i wont tell his school mates) LOL

made a start on a 900ml bottle of shampoo next so that may be a while in use

hope all are well and getting through stuff in time for the christmas additions
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Id recommend Garnier Express 2in1 eye make up remover. Ive used lancome bi facil as long as i can remember but only get it when its a gwp. I found that the garnier one is alot more effective and removed thick waterproof mascara so easily without needing to rub at all. Its also not oily like lancome so is a bit more pleasant- or so I havr found :)

I like this one but do find that it won't remove my eyeshadow when I use Urban Decay Primer Potion which is every day. The No7 one is very good, the Clinique one and also Body Shop Camomile which whips everything off, comes in a 250ml bottle and is not expensive.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • SuiDreams
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I like this one but do find that it won't remove my eyeshadow when I use Urban Decay Primer Potion which is every day. The No7 one is very good, the Clinique one and also Body Shop Camomile which whips everything off, comes in a 250ml bottle and is not expensive.

Urban Decay is great lasts all day but is a pain to remove. Might have to try the body shop one if it gets everything off and is cheap. How does it compare with clinique.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    GA of Aldi Travel Wipes.
    An IN of Aldi Lacura Cracked Heel Ointment with 25% Urea. I don't have cracked heels, but want this for intensive winter foot care. At £1.79 for 100ml this was a real bargain, having the same proportion of active ingredient as costly creams like Flexitol or Compeed.
    This is a Specialbuy so you may have to ferret among the baskets in your local Aldi if it appeals.
    Managed to avoid most other Specialbuy temptations! Got a bamboo base layer t-shirt for £3, discovered abandoned at the till by someone who had changed their mind.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    A UU for me, a seemingly never-ending one!

Elemis Lavender Balancing Toner

WNBA, this seemed to take forever to use up, and I don't particularly use toner that often. I would use this as part of a set again, but not go out of my way to purchase.

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Now able to tell you what my Dove Pro.Age body wash is like that I received from BzzAgent (I'm mcculloch29 there too, creature of habit) ...
    I had forgotten how nice this is. :D Just a little squirt of nicely scented cream on my body mop and instant lashings of really moisturising gently scented lather.
    It's on offer at Superdrug at the moment at a fantastic price for 500ml.
    I have the Dove body lotion dupe from Aldi at the moment, so this was a nice follow up. That one is often hard to find in Aldi, again the Dove one is a good price in Superdrug
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport