IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Threatogram? Elite Management/Ultimate Customer Solutions

edited 30 November 2014 at 6:21PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
13 replies 5.4K views
MRSJJMRSJJ Forumite
8 Posts
edited 30 November 2014 at 6:21PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi,
Sorry to jump on here & I have read the Newbie FAQ's but still not really sure where I stand.
The driver of my car was ticketed in July I was waiting for the Notice to Keeper from Elite Management as per advice on this site, only it would seem they've skipped that part and gone straight to the Threatogram received today from Ultimate Customer solutions. Not sure what to do now?
Do I write to Elite? Or UCS? Will I have a leg to stand on or do I just cave now and pay the £172 they're demanding.... :mad:

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Can't find any reference to UCS on the Internet. It could well be a debt collector-type letter issued under a fictitious name, from the Elite office to apply the frighteners.

Are you able to photo or scan a redacted copy of the letter and post here please?

To upload it, you first need to host the photo on a free photo hosting site (Photobucket or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload photos/scans until they've got a few posts under their belt.

You should also read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4, which will tell you all you need to know about (powerless) debt collectors.

And, finally - NO, don't cave and pay, be brave and pay NOTHING!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • CastleCastle Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ultimate Customer Solutions (UCS) is a trading name of SolutionLabs Ltd (Company No:-9075434). They have taken over management of the Roxburghe Parking Accounts.
  • fil_cadfil_cad Forumite
    834 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    More filth trying to scam the public.
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    55.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You should also complain to the BPA and DVLA. As keeper you have received a debt collector letter but have received nothing previously about the alleged incident. There is another thread running about a similar incident so you should use that as there is already info there on how to make a complaint.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5125132
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • I'll try to post a copy of the letter now. Thanks for your replies though, feel a bit sick about it all to be honest :o(
    38.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Castle wrote: »
    Ultimate Customer Solutions (UCS) is a trading name of SolutionLabs Ltd (Company No:-9075434). They have taken over management of the Roxburghe Parking Accounts.

And they have, rather oddly, become members of the IPC AOS, but appear not to offer any parking management service (according to their work-in-progress website).

http://www.solutionlabs.co.uk/index.html

A back office service, similar to Ranger of BPA membership?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    38.1K Posts
    Forumite
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    MRSJJ wrote: »
    I'll try to post a copy of the letter now. Thanks for your replies though, feel a bit sick about it all to be honest :o(
    Oh come on it's not a fine and it's only poxy Elite (BPA member who never sue anyone) and some scum debt collector firm (IPC member, just to confuse you!) sending letters about which you are perfectly entitled to complain to the BPA. The keeper didn't get a Notice to Keeper so was denied any chance to appeal to POPLA. Simple. Email addy is already in the Newbies thread post #6 for this sort of common scenario.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fil_cadfil_cad Forumite
    834 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    Dont cave in and pay the scum cash.....on second thoughts pay them in full with monopoly money, lol and give them a xmas bonus. :rotfl:
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • Dear ****
    I have received a response from Elite Mgt Ltd in reference to your complaint. They state that they did issue the NTK’s attached. However under the circumstance they will re-issue the NTK, which provides you with the opportunity to pay the ticket or make an appeal. If you choose to make an appeal and it is rejected by Elite Mgt, they will offer you the option of using the independent appeals service POPLA.

Received this from BPA today following my complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals