Meridian - flight cancellation

Options
On 24 November 2012 I purchased a return ticket LGW to Florence, Italy departing 27 May 2013. This flight was cancelled but I was not notified of the cancellation. It was fortunate that another party enquired about this flight on 30 March 2013 and was advised that this route was no longer in operation; 4 months after I had bought my ticket.

I contacted a legal firm who have been working on flight compensation issues and they advise me that because the airline MERIDIANA (Italian) do not have a legal entity in the UK they are unable to serve any documents on them.

Does anyone know what my next steps could be as MERIDIANA are ignoring all emails.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What actually happened in the end?
    You knew the flight was not operating 2 months before the date, did they book you on another airline or refund your ticket

The airline is likely to state that they were fully intending to advise you about the cancellation and were working through bookings in date order but you found out yourself first so it will be difficult to prove definitively that they were never going to give you the required 14 days notice of the cancellation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure