Women and cats will do as they please! :)

Options

Comments

• TheMagician
    TheMagician Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Diary,

It's Friday and I'm happy!

It's also payday :beer:

Had a look at finances and by the end of August I hope to be at £7,500 which is half way there :T That's exciting!

And one week till our holiday, 2 weeks off work :j

My cousins asked for me to bring back some Refreshers fizzy sweets and drumstick lollies :rotfl: cheap as chips and will make them very happy - result :)
    The littlest one will get a cute animal torch and projector.
    My mum had an expensive Christmas present so just my presence will do this time :rotfl:
    Got it all sorted and ready to pack.

It's been a hard week at work but again, it's progress made and it's heading in the right direction. We'll get there.

I'm off to do some cleaning up now, how exciting :D

Joyful Friday,
    TheMagician
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Holiday plans sound like they are coming together! and 7.5 k is fantastic - especially with everything you have going on at the moment! - you will have your own home and kitty in no time!!!
  • TheMagician
    Options
    Hi judi24 :j Thanks for popping by.

Yes! The plan is starting to come together now, I had a cheeky look online last night for suitable houses and saw a lovely semi for £170k. I obviously won't be able to buy it yet but it's good to see there's some affordable nice homes in the area I want and gives me something to aim towards :)

I also had a look at some holidays for Easter next year, really want to go somewhere different with my son, maybe Italy - Amalfi Coast looks great. What's the point in earning all this money if we don't get to enjoy it? :think: But house first!

In the mean time the way to get there is to study and work hard and so I studied last night and I'm off to do some more right now.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday :)
  • judi24
    Options
    How strange - I was looking at the Amalfi coast for next year too!!! - It looks amazing! but not cheap!!!

Hope the studying goes well! and it won't be long til you can look at houses for real - just keep going!
  • TheMagician
    Options
    I was looking at this one for the easter week

http://www.marinariviera.it/

That plus flights and spending money and it's a couple of grand though... Looks very pretty.
  • judi24
    Options
    Looks beautiful - but for me and 2 kids in August next year is 5000 euros!!!!! I don't think my budget will stretch to that even if I am debt free!
  • TheMagician
    Options
    Yikes judi, didn't realise it'd be that costly!
    It was £800 for me and my son in April, I guess it's not high season.

Argh, another interview - another 'No'. It's really hard finding the right assistant! I've started looking at this in a different way and emailed my contacts, see if we can get a referral maybe.

On the other hand, I've been a little under the weather, through trying to do it all no doubt. Sore throat, headache...
    At least I'll get two weeks' holiday very very soon and it'll be super relaxing.

Early night again for me tonight.
  • TheMagician
    Options
    I've just realised that in the last 7yrs I have saved over 30k.
    To some it might not sound much but bearing in mind this was done in early 20s when the earning power is the weakest I believe it's good going.
    First £10k was spent on my first car, insurance, furniture to move into my first unfurnished rental house and baby stuff for when my DS was born.
    The second £10k was late 2013, I bought my second car, insurance and paid for my braces.

And now it's for the house and our future.
    I've never had any financial support (or any other support...) ever since I left home aged 18 so thinking back I am really proud of myself.

And now with this fancy pants job and crystal clear focus we're on our way :)

If anyone reading this is thinking they might never buy that house or go on that dream holiday or maybe even take a year off or retire early or be able to donate generously to charities they love or anything else that makes them happy, I can honestly say that if you work hard and are honest and fair to people in all your dealings, you'll get there.

Some of my friends, especially girlfriends, are so cynical, they're forever saying that working hard won't get you anywhere, it's who you know, can sleep with or get one over on someone. I couldn't live like this, at the end of the day all that we've got is our soul and I'm not prepared to sell that for anything.

TheMagician
  • submarine76
    Options
    It's amazing how it all adds up over the years. I'm also a big believer in that you only get out what you are prepared to put in in life, and that NOTHING comes to those who wait (sorry for shouting).

Magician and Judi, a good tip for flights for southern Italy is to have a play around on the Easyjet website, but look at going via other routes, I often find it cheaper to go via Paris or Milan than going direct. I can handle a 4 hour stopover at an airport if it saves me 100 pounds per flight. For some reason these don't show up on Skyscanner or Kayak.
    LBM 11 Nov 14 Total Debt £25,013.98 DFD 5 Sep 17 Total Debt £0

Emergency Fund £800.00
    Mortgage £73,000
    BTL Mortgage £38,000
  • TheMagician
    Options
    Thanks submarine, I'll check out your tip on the flights.

We're off on our holidays tonight.
    I feel still pretty dreadful but needs must and I need to get on with our packing and cleaning up before we leave.
    My son has packed his own suitcase and mine is still empty??? :eek:

Back in two weeks :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful end of the summer and 'see' y'all soon.

Lots of love,
    TheMagician
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family