Escaping the grind...in search of a life less ordinary

Options

Comments

• MissShoes
    MissShoes Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wins
    1) nice meal with friends, indulgent citrusy dessert
    2) posted off paperwork for a friend to help her get organised
    3) finally feeling my vitamins and supplements may be starting to help me look less like I'm falling apart- this may be the light though- will check again tomorrow
    4) 4 days worth of advent chocolate eating
    5) getting something for nothing...free transport today unexpectedly
    6) making headway with 2nd job, over 40% towards monthly target but have run out of well-paying work and now back to longer, more lowly paid tasks
    7) confirmation of payrise in next paypacket....already virtually spent a million ways
    8) spick and span abode- should help me relax

Losses
    1) crippling neck and shoulder ache then throbbing temples- could dose up and sleep for a week
    2) snotty interaction with my boss- mexican standoff/clint eastwoodesque confrontation almost inevitable tomorrow. Do you feel lucky, punk?
    3) running very low on funds and very high on social commitments
    4) eeeeeeeeking out my money, energy, positivity until payday....and the start of the xmas break
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Have been rushed off my feet- no posts for last couple of days. So this is an overall update.....

Wins
    1) free latte and doughnut
    2) ticking lots of annoying jobs off my list
    3) phone bill paid
    4) hairdresser paid
    5) garage paid- all good with the mot
    6) nice meal out- paid for with vouchers and BF- his turn!
    7) found final part of lounge furniture on gumtree- bargain price
    8) vitamin regime helping with feeling run down
    9) only 1 more week at work
    10) yummy mince pies
    11) a free tank of petrol and a free carwash

Losses
    1) feeling really full- too much eating out and rich food and Xmas dinners- need to have a better weekend to compensate
    2) behind on a big paperwork job- have to tackle this today
    3) just been handed another big paperwork job- again have to do today
    4) behind on errands- have to find time today before tonight's dinner to head to shops....feel like I'm always rushing
    5) behind on chores- no time this week to just be....to be in my own home and potter about
    6) irresponsible neighbours- have said my piece, hope it was well received and there won't be recurring incidents- nothing major hopefully

7 days til payday. No idea how much to expect.

Card reader and new debit card arrived. Need to set to up new cards as payees.
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    So some progress made in the Shoes household towards decluttering. Recycled a few bits of torn and ripped clothing, got rid of an old piece of broken furniture and used up a bottle of perfume. I have 3 small bottles of perfume to use up and then I can go back to my favourite fragrances. Same approach with the stockpile of shower gel and shampoos......no toiletries to be bought. Seem to have a lot of miniatures too from little sets so putting them aside for holidays.

In terms of cash, around £16 left to last the month....which is only today, tomorrow and Thursday. No food needs to be bought and plenty of petrol in car. Need to get car washed though as it's covered in that berry sap as well as lots of bird poo so that's £10. Won't park there again. Will wait until Wednesday or Thursday to do this so I know I'm ok for money.

Working out payments and commitments for my next paycheque- a list of IOUs has formed, where my friend or bf has got me things I was after as they spotted a deal. Need to tot things up.

Also starting to think about January challenges- not sure what I could go for. Maybe PAD.

Need to up the anti on my second job. There's only 5 days left to earn this month and I'm not even halfway towards my target. I have some time tonight and tomorrow and a lot on Saturday morning- but I'm not sure it's enough to hit target.

Also have no idea on what amount of wages to expect this week- there should be a small rise but it's impossible to calculate. The 11% pension contribution feels like it's something I should stop- but I know it's short term gain and long term pain. Still, losing over £450 a month is annoying right now.

I need to do SOA and set targets but I'm crawling towards the end of the year. Must try harder.

Jobs today/tonight-
    Take rubbish out
    Iron 5 items
    Organise toiletries bag
    Call mortgage company to see what rate they can give me
    Set up 2 CC details on my bank
    Update card details on PayPal
    Washing up
    Drying up and putting away
    Quick vacuum of all rooms
    Wipe down kitchen sides
    Clean and dry laundry away
    Spare bags away
    Find document for weekend
    Quick tidy and wipe round of bathroom
    3 bits of sewing
    Manicure
    Pedicure
    Eyebrows
    Body scrub
    Foot scrub

Aiming to look gorgeous and have a gorgeous home by the end of today. I have a few hidden clutter hotspots such as drawers and baskets of papers to sort through but that feels like January jobs.
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Wins
    1) free cake....always welcome
    2) free lunch....from a friend- yummy sandwich and snacks
    3) baked goods for breakfast (as you can tell the diet is going great)
    4) easy day with plenty of time for mse at work (naughty Shoes)
    5) had a lovely chilled weekend
    6) ate out twice and BF paid as he knows I'm down to pennies (I'll pay next weekend)
    7) a good night's sleep- only 6 hours but unbroken. Tonight (going for at least 8...after exhausting myself doing chores)
    8) finishing work in good time today- hence manic chores night

Losses
    1) one of bf Xmas presses hasn't been dispatched- there's no issue as we're exchanging in early jan but wanted to get them wrapped
    2) another one of bf Xmas presses not here yet....very annoying
    3) have skipped a day of vitamins and haven't done today's either. Will do today's dose tonight. Running low on a few so might hit h and b before I head off for Xmas break to stock up
    4) need to eat more veg....in dire need of leafy greens
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    MissShoes wrote: »
    So some progress made in the Shoes household towards decluttering. Recycled a few bits of torn and ripped clothing, got rid of an old piece of broken furniture and used up a bottle of perfume. I have 3 small bottles of perfume to use up and then I can go back to my favourite fragrances. Same approach with the stockpile of shower gel and shampoos......no toiletries to be bought. Seem to have a lot of miniatures too from little sets so putting them aside for holidays.

In terms of cash, around £16 left to last the month....which is only today, tomorrow and Thursday. No food needs to be bought and plenty of petrol in car. Need to get car washed though as it's covered in that berry sap as well as lots of bird poo so that's £10. Won't park there again. Will wait until Wednesday or Thursday to do this so I know I'm ok for money.

Working out payments and commitments for my next paycheque- a list of IOUs has formed, where my friend or bf has got me things I was after as they spotted a deal. Need to tot things up.

Also starting to think about January challenges- not sure what I could go for. Maybe PAD.

Need to up the anti on my second job. There's only 5 days left to earn this month and I'm not even halfway towards my target. I have some time tonight and tomorrow and a lot on Saturday morning- but I'm not sure it's enough to hit target.

Also have no idea on what amount of wages to expect this week- there should be a small rise but it's impossible to calculate. The 11% pension contribution feels like it's something I should stop- but I know it's short term gain and long term pain. Still, losing over £450 a month is annoying right now.

I need to do SOA and set targets but I'm crawling towards the end of the year. Must try harder.

Jobs today/tonight-
    [STRIKE]Take rubbish out[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Iron 5 items[/STRIKE]
    Organise toiletries bag
    [STRIKE]Call mortgage company to see what rate they can give me[/STRIKE]
    Set up 2 CC details on my bank
    Update card details on PayPal
    [STRIKE]Washing up[/STRIKE]
    Drying up and putting away
    [STRIKE]Quick vacuum of all rooms[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe down kitchen sides[/STRIKE]
    Clean and dry laundry away
    Spare bags away
    Find document for weekend
    [STRIKE]Quick tidy and wipe round of bathroom[/STRIKE]
    3 bits of sewing
    Manicure
    [STRIKE]Pedicure[/STRIKE]
    Eyebrows
    Body scrub
    Foot scrub

Aiming to look gorgeous and have a gorgeous home by the end of today. I have a few hidden clutter hotspots such as drawers and baskets of papers to sort through but that feels like January jobs.

Lots to do today then...
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Wins
    1) yesterday was a NSD
    2) yummy dinner with some fresh greens
    3) remembered my vitamins this morning so have got the day off to a good start
    4) lunches made last night so all organised
    5) a nice chilled night in doing chores means I'm rested....alcohol free Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so far this week
    6) only 2 more days at work before some time off for xmas and new year

Losses
    1) feeling stressed and run down, can't kick this virus that I have
    2) not enough veg consumed or fruit
    3) must drink more water
    4) I've been putting off sorting the December budget and I need to do this
    5) have to rejoin credi1expert to check my score and status- only fow a few months though
    6) still haven't decided what challenges to do for 2015- need to mooch around other diaries for inspiration
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Things to do
    1) put washing up away
    2) hang up clean laundry/fold and put away
    3) find document for weekend
    4) set up 2 CC details on my bank
    5) update cards on paypa1
    6) spare bags away
    7) 3 bits of sewing
    8) manicure
    9) eyebrows
    10) exfoliation treatment/body scrub
    11) 2nd job
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Wins
    1) having dinner made for me
    2) having something small I needed for the house bought by BF- he really listens...such a lucky girl
    3) ice cold beer after a long day at work
    4) thoughtful gifts from work colleagues....lovely stuff that will make frugal January less bleak
    5) dinner cooked for me, enough for lunch tomorrow
    6) was a NSD but gave BF £7 towards groceries (£14 in total) so a LSD
    7) feeling sunnier- the end is in sight at work- not long to go
    8)

Losses
    1) feeling like I've missed a couple of people out of gifts- will grab a boots 3 for 2 tomorrow and not be stressed about it
    2) skin is breaking out
    3) list of chores is loooooong
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Wins
    1) everything on my lists done- house spotless for Xmas
    2) all presents wrapped for bf
    3) 2 late presents for friends wrapped- will hand over post Xmas
    4) have run down freezer and fridge ( have 4 packs of steak- 2 in each pack, one small bottle of milk, frozen peas and a loaf of bread in freezer) so can thing strategically
    5) have run store cupboard down similarly
    6) have made all payments this month to CC
    7) one CC wrote to say limit being increased- and it's cheaper than my other cards so once it's live I'll investigate BT options
    8) all toiletries organised- know how much I've got of everything- enough shower gel for 2015 I think!
    9) relaxing in the run up to Xmas
    10) had a really sweet few days with bf- really happy

Losses
    1) car not washed- it's a state
    2) knowing how tight things are until Feb payday (which is a long way off....)
    3) feeling heavy....looking forward to January diet beginning
    4) rundown still- hoping this will change drastically with a few days away from work
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Wins

1) PAD £10 to CC
    2) eaten really well today- lots of water and fresh stuff
    3) got some exercise in- a quick swim and a long walk
    4) taken all my vitamins
    5) lovely chats with friends
    6) slept really well- got 8 hours uninterrupted...very unusual for me
    7) have planned the January healthy eating regime...need to get it all written out and finalised, but my plan is formulated

Losses

1) feeling like money is tight.
    2) haven't organised the order of payments of my big bills....classic dilemma- lots going out, not enough coming in
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family