🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Is NODDLE a con ?

Options
2»

Comments

• enfield_freddy
    Options
    irm wrote: »
    I'd need to double check but I don't think they list my VirginMedia (home broadband only) account which was showing with Experian last time I chucked £2 at them.

correct virgin and several others not listed on noodle

I signed up for 1 months free trial with the other 2 and printed them out , when defaults have gone (+ 1 month) I will pay £2 each to check
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Not a con, and a good service FOR FREE as long as you understand it's limitations, and that for some people (not all) it might not show as much as Experian or Equifax do.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Noddle has all my accounts and is free.

So.....what's to complain about

Does it also show investments ?
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Does it also show investments ?

No all of them only show current accounts which you have an overdraft on (whether used or not) or are a loan or credit card. No CRA shows savings accounts.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • irm
    irm Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    No all of them only show current accounts which you have an overdraft on (whether used or not) or are a loan or credit card. No CRA shows savings accounts.

I'll admit to not really knowing much about overdrafts or how they work, having never needed one in my entire banking life, but all six of my TSB current accounts are listed with Noddle and yet every one of them state "Overdraft limit: £0.00" in online banking. Whenever applying for a new account I always decline any offer of an overdraft too.
  • butterfly72
    Options
    I use it and all my accounts are on their file. What I will say is that I get endless emails saying an attempt to log into my account has been made. I did email them regarding their security, but no one ever got back to me. I changed my password to a very long collection of random characters.
    £2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    I've had one for about 6 months and it's really good for free. Lists all accounts including a closed Barclaycard from 2008 and everything else. I was quite surprised by HSBC as they seem to tell them your available balance at the end of the month in your current account which I think is wrong, but the service itself is fab
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was quite surprised by HSBC as they seem to tell them your available balance at the end of the month in your current account which I think is wrong
    HSBC will report any debit balance, ie overdraft use, not credit balance...surely?
  • Giraffeseeker
    Options
    It should only be debit balance. I have had a 4 figure sum in my current account for a few months now but Noddle shows the balance as "0". Only a debit balance seems to be reported.
    LBM:1/1/12
    Debts @ LBM:£43,546 :eek: Debts now: £9,486 :cool: 78% PAID
    Found YNAB 1/2/14 - the best thing EVER!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport