Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

pre euro notes

I have been given lire, peseta, drachma notes. I would like todonate these to a charity. Any suggestions?
Auntie Boo

Comments

• From the BA website;

Euro legacy currencies
    We are still able to collect and change all old Euro currencies, so please keep hunting out those francs and pesetas - we really can put them to good use.

Donations can be made in-flight, at British Airways Travel Shops, or to UNICEF UK offices, Africa House, 64-78 Kingsway, London WC2B 6NB.

If you would like more information please contact:

Change for Good Executive - British Airways
    Tel: 020 8738 8530
    email: [EMAIL="community.branch@britishairways.com"]community.branch@britishairways.com[/EMAIL]

Change for Good - UNICEF
    Tel: 020 7312 7617
    e-mail: [EMAIL="changeforgood@unicef.org.uk"]changeforgood@unicef.org.uk[/EMAIL]
    http://www.unicef.org.uk/changeforgood
    Registered Charity No. 1072612
  • lamb7994
    lamb7994 Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Most charities will take foreign currency.

Help the aged accept foreign currency through their network of charity shops.

James
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    clivealive, Welcome to the boards.
    You posted this:
    clivealive wrote: »
    Hi ... I dont want to sound mean, but financially i am near rock bottom but i have found many thousand "old" pesetas.

Does anyone know of a way i can "cash" these and keep the money, even if I have to pay a reasonable commission.
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to the Up Your Income board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

You'll find your post here. When I move a whole thread, I can leave a re-direct, but looks like I can't do that for individual posts, so if you come back here hopefully you will still find you way to an answer!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • loveangel
    loveangel Posts: 39 Forumite
    some may consider themselves and their family a good charity who do not take commission and charge hefty admin fees.
    For Pesetas you can post them off and have them exchanged free of charge at Banco De Espana - http://www.bde.es/billemone/peseta/modelo_presentacion_billetes_ingles_.pdf
    or if you or anyone is going to spain simply exchange them free of charge at any brnach of banco espana:-
    http://www.bde.es/infoinst/organiza/sucursales_ing.pdf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport