T-mobile clone phone mis sold?

Options
Hi
I as wondering if anyone new f there was such thing as mis-sold mobile phone insurance?
I bought my phone on contract nearly 2 years ago- Blackberry Z10

I did explain at the time that I got insurance via my bank, but was told clone phone was not insurance but rather a way to back up my phone should I lose it etc.

At the time clone phone was not available for my device but I was told it would be shortly. to this day clone phone does not work on my phone.

am I entitled to any money back?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You might want to reduce the font size?

Anyway, can you prove in anyway that you were told clone phone would be available on x date for your phone and that you bought it on that basis?

If not, I think you'll struggle after this long - it has be asked why you've paid for something for 2 years that hasn't been working? Clone phone is something you can (pretty much) do yourself anyway, so its value is questionable IMO.

Clone phone isn't insurance, but it does give you an easy way to safeguard your phone's data and restore it to a new phone if needed. I think this is pretty clear from the information I've seen, so it hasn't been mis-sold in that sense.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    fyafly wrote: »
    ...to this day clone phone does not work on my phone.
    Does this make any sense to anybody?
    What the hell is this 'clone phone'?
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    Does this make any sense to anybody?
    What the hell is this 'clone phone'?
    It's EE insurance plus tech support and back up etc etc

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/clone-phone-and-insurance/clone-phone---plans

It has a 3 month minimum so the OP would have been able to cancel after 3 months
    It's not just about the money
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Options
    Clone phone sounds like a tech help line and backup solution, even if it included an insurance element its more than that.

If it never worked why did the OP not cancel the contract, or at least chase up the service to find out when it should have been fixed. You may be lucky and get 3 months back but like most insurance policies you always had the benefit of cover even if you never used it, and so unlikely to get a refund.
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    There were 2 types of clone phone. One, Clone Phone Lite which was a free back up service and the other, Clone Phone proper (there was a name for it but can't remember what) which was basically insurance.

So, I suspect yours is probably the lite version which means you weren't charged so won't get anything back.

If it was the insurance version, it will have been itemised on your bill as and extra charge (around £10 maybe) and if that was the case, you should have noticed it before now.
  • kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    edited 16 November 2014 at 11:08AM
    Options
    There were 2 types of clone phone. One, Clone Phone Lite which was a free back up service and the other, Clone Phone proper (there was a name for it but can't remember what) which was basically insurance. QUOTE]

The other one was called Clone Phone Fully Loaded and yes, there was no charge for Lite - on EE but not sure about Orange or T-Mobile.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    There were 2 types of clone phone. One, Clone Phone Lite which was a free back up service and the other, Clone Phone proper (there was a name for it but can't remember what) which was basically insurance.

So, I suspect yours is probably the lite version which means you weren't charged so won't get anything back.

If it was the insurance version, it will have been itemised on your bill as and extra charge (around £10 maybe) and if that was the case, you should have noticed it before now.
    If you read the link I posted above on the 13th you will see theres 3 types
    Lite is free on EE but £2per month on T-Mobile and Orange (OP is on T-Mobile)

Loaded is £4 per month on all

Fully Loaded is between £6 up to £14 for the iPhone
    It's not just about the money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills