We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How many clothes do you have?

Options

Comments

• Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have recently bought a beautiful Windsmoor black jacket in a charity shop for £10. Unfortunately it's too warm to wear!

I have about 5 or 6 jackets, no full length coats. Haven't got room for any more.
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    Options
    I have 3 coats and 3 winter jackets. And I have loads of clothes :D Not that I buy stuff often, but I do look after my things and so as long as they're still in good condition and I still like wearing them then they stay - some stuff I've had for 20 years!
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • purpleshoes_2
    Options
    Too many. Ive freecycled a lot and sold stuff on ebay, plus charity shopped lots, but Ive also bought a few things this year from charity, one of the local charity shops sells all its clothes for 99p so Ive had a few good bargains, Ive also lost a lot of weight in the last year so I needed to replace some stuff that was way too big. Im going to go through my wardrobes again and put stuff in for recycling that isnt saleable, donate some stuff as well.

Ive spent around £30 on clothes this year but its all been second hand and Ive had some very decent bargains in that lot, monsoon jeans, an asos dress, can't complain. Just need to get rid of the stuff I know I wont wear again. Ive also got some stuff from way back, I wore a top at the weekend I got from monsoon over 20 years ago.
  • Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have two coats, a smart leather coat, and a more casual one. Both are waterproof, I wouldn't buy one that isn't as it's a big limitation to how much use it will be.

The thing about coats is they never really wear out, but sometimes I want a change. I sold a very old, but good condition one a while back as vintage on eBay and it paid for the new one. I tend to have 2 or 3 at a time, there's not much need for more.

As for clothes, a lot of people have a lot of clothes they never wear. I don't have an item limit, but everything needs to fit in a chest of drawers I have (it has two large drawers), and if I have too much, something I don't use gets sold or given away, or something worn out gets thrown away. You can still have change and variety without stockpiling lots of stuff, just move out old things to find room for new ones.
  • busiscoming2
    Options
    I have far too many clothes in general. Coats/Jackets too many probably but I would like more.

Off the top of my head I have:
    A woollen knee length good coat ( a good few years old though)
    Old brown parka which I wear to the woods etc
    Pink Parka for everyday.
    Two fleece jackets.
    A lightweight hooded jacket.
    Black padded anorak jacket.
    Brown suedey jacket.
    Pinky tweedy jacket.
    Black blazer
    Blue Blazer.
    Regatta waterproof.
    Work coat.
    Fold up lightweight rain jacket.
    Mock sheepskin coat (lovely when it's freezing).
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    Well, ain't that just typical.

OH worked his magic and dragged me into the coat shop. They didn't have my size!!

How irritating is that!!

Oh, on my list of coats, I forgot to mention and elderly and paint-spattered fleece that I use for decorating, a body warmer that I never wear (if it's cold enough for a body-warmer, it's cold enough for something with sleeves!), and a smart pink slub-silk jacket that I bought for a wedding but only wore for about 5 minutes as the weather was so warm.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Well, ain't that just typical.

OH worked his magic and dragged me into the coat shop. They didn't have my size!!

How irritating is that!!

feeble excuse - get online and get it ordered :D
  • sharloid
    sharloid Posts: 421 Forumite
    Options
    I have 1 coat and 3 fleeces. It's rarely cold enough in England for a coat!
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have far too many lol.

I don't buy coats often but I get bought them a lot as gifts by one member of the family which I appreciate as I rarely buy decent ones for myself.

I have:
    A brown and pink fairtrade cotton jacket
    A black wool/pleather panelled biker-style Markies jacket
    A grey wool white stuff coat
    A red and black tartan military-style jacket
    A purple tweed belted coat from Next
    A black wool Benetton coat
    An All Saints studded brown leather jacket
    2 beige belted mackintosh-style coats (one casual, one pretty)
    A fitted brown leather jacket
    A battered fitted black leather jacket
    A black, fitted, double breasted a-line skirted leather 'duster' coat (it was free when I bought the jacket above and it's so heavy!)

- the above list have all been gifted to me over the past 10 years

A Rab waterproof jacket
    A marmot fleece-lined, faux fur hooded shower proof jacket (for when it's too cold for the Rab lightweight one, 50% off)
    A mustard coloured sheepskin collar fitted real leather jacket (sounds awful but it's really unusual and I always get complimented on it - £20 from New Look as it is a teenager sized one!)
    An Oasis cream and navy striped blazer (reduced from £35 to £5!)
    A yellow 3/4 sleeve yellow Chanel-style jacket (CS find, £5)
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • pirateyqueen
    Options
    sharloid wrote: »
    It's rarely cold enough in England for a coat!

I must live in a different England to you! :rotfl:
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing