Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm trying to do a calorie controlled diet - helped by using my fitness pal. It tells me how many calories I'm allowed to eat to lose a certain amount of weight per week.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Lol Robin, we need to be friends on FB and then you'll see it most definitely IS true :rotfl:. Xx

A) Ok. :)
    B) Nope, not true, unless you've eaten an awful lot of Easter eggs recently.. ;)

Reckon I've got more weight to lose than you have.. :o
    Rx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,373 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No no you are both wrong.
    I have the most weight to loose~~fact.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    lucky you've done so well with your weight loss! I have put on 3kg with holiday and Easter so I need to get back on it (well after tomorrow my bday) so I have got to be REALLY good until 13th May for my dads wedding weekend - we can support each other xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    No no you are both wrong.
    I have the most weight to loose~~fact.

Trust me I have you all beaten when it comes to weight to lose :o
    Must use my stash up!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Not sure whether to set up an Over-eaters Annonymous or a Lack-of-Self-Confidence Annonymous here :rotfl:.

Actually, I could do with a 'make sure you really don't know the person before you decline their FB friend request' annonymous :o.

Took the boys swimming this morning then did a tip-trip for MiL. DS2 wanted a new game with some of his Easter money so we nipped to the shops and I banked the cheque at the same time :j. We have also received initial payments for DH's Social Care package too. It's the most rich I've felt in forever!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lucky, before you eat anything have a large glass of water and think "how do I feel".

Stressed - am I eating because I can't avoid the responsibilities on my shoulders
    Emotional - am I eating to push down emotions
    Hungry - on a scale of 1-10 how hungry am I (I Can Make You Thin, by Paul McKenna, advises you shouldn't let yourself get more than a 6 or 7 because then you might make poor food choices)
    Thirsty - I'm not now that I've had that water

I'm sure there's a neat mnemonic with other descriptive words, but I'm blowed if I can think of it right now.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    For sure I eat due to being stressed and/or emotional Satchmo. Gained another 4lbs yest so have drawn the line and I'm really trying today. Had overnight oats and fruit for breakfast, and then chinese style veggie curry with cauliflower rice for lunch. We went trampolining this morning so plenty of exercise, and then the kids got a burger for lunch but I was very restrained and waited until I got home. Will try to drink more water.

Had a bit of a nervous wobble this morning. Hope that's not gonna start up again :(.

DH is very short tempered today :(.
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have no "stop" button, so once I start eating chocolate I carry on until it's all gone. Same with crisps or biscuits or wine. I don't keep chocolate or biscuits in the house for that reason. I allow myself wine on Sunday evening.

Sorry you had a wobble. It's a pity there isn't a telephone hotline for these occasions. However, if it feels really bad, there is (apparently) always a Mental Health nurse based within A&E.

Sorry DH is short tempered. Is there anywhere locally that offers a drop in social session for him? My ex-DH goes to a weekly session. Our eldest son (32) goes with him and spends the session time at a nearby museum. ex-DH is emotionally fragile but it generally manifests itself in tears now, rather than the violent temper of the early years.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks Satchmo, I'm feeling a bit better today but will bear it in mind. I don't think we have social sessions like that but will try to find out.

Today should have been FiL's birthday so we spent the afternoon with MiL at a National Trust place. Lovely day and weather. Had an early lunch before we went and we are members, so just spent £5 on coffees etc. Haven't even managed one NSD this month :o.

Got my statement from S@nt@nd3r confirming zero cc balance, so will ring them up and cancel account. Feels good Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport