Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Still no cheque yet.

Limping a lot less as the lymph node has decreased in size :T. Hopefully I won't be limping at all tomorrow as it's my cousin's wedding! Really looking forward to that.

Boys are thrilled to be finished school for Easter now, not least because all their friends still have one day to go! I'm just pleased to have them off and with me.

Gained at chub club last night and now weigh the same as an elephant. Went shopping with my Sister and tried on bridesmaid dresses today. I look like an elephant too :(.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    NO you don't. Am sure you don't. Fighting off an infection will be making you see funny.

Brilliant, brilliant re the cheque..post on here as soon as it arrives :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Boo to the weight gain and I'm sure you don't look anywhere near as bad as you think - most of us are guilty of being over critical of our appearance. It's so hard to stick to a diet when you have so much going on in your life, I'm the same. Sometimes you just don't have time to plan. But you're doing the right thing to keep going and you'll be back on track soon.

Glad you're feeling better and have a great time at the wedding :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,428 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Boo to the weight gain and I'm sure you don't look anywhere near as bad as you think - most of us are guilty of being over critical of our appearance. It's so hard to stick to a diet when you have so much going on in your life, I'm the same. Sometimes you just don't have time to plan. But you're doing the right thing to keep going and you'll be back on track soon.

Glad you're feeling better and have a great time at the wedding :)

From me too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Evening all!

The wedding was just perfect! My Cousin looked stunning and she had thought of EVERYTHING. Lots of little personal touches and we'll be talking about it for years to come.

But

At about 7.30pm I looked at DH and could tell he wasn't right. He started chewing and was rambling on about how he'd lost his phone which he hadn't. Led him outside but he was walking funny which attracted everyone's attention, so we had lots of people running after us. Thankfully it was just a partial seizure not a full tonic clonic and some time outside and then sitting on a sofa pulled him round. We decided to go home obviously, but as we were getting sorted DS1 accidently hit DS2 in the face. Cue lots of tears from both of them and more drama. It was a very fraught journey home :(. Apparently I had a nightmare last night and was shouting and grabbing DH!! I don't remember any of it but I'm not surprised! I felt completely frazzled when I went to bed.

Today we tried to do an Easter egg hunt at a Nat Trust place but it was so packed they were turning people away! Went to the beach instead and was lucky enough to just get a parking space as someone was leaving. Queue for fish and chips was about an hour long so we didn't bother, but the boys had fun on bouncy slides etc anyway. Then we went to a smaller Nat Trust place to try our luck. Was amazed to get in no problem, then discovered they weren't starting their hunt until tomorrow!!! Nice day anyway, and loved the sunshine!

Still no cheque in yesterday's post, obviously no post today as it's Good Friday. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening PLMBL,

Im not surprised you were having a nightmare after ending the evening like that. Theres always a drama with kids in tow isn't there!!!

Yay to the cheque!!! Will you go back to the NT place for the egg hunt tomorrow? xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks Mummy. We are supposed to have awful weather for the next 5 days so possibly not Xx
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So sorry the lovely day out ended that way, but at least no full on seizure.

Glad you rescued something from the Easter Egg hunt day too..and got a day on the beach instead..as the weather is not looking great today I think they will will have plenty for you all if manage to brave it in your weatherproofs...
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    DS2 threw up all over his bedroom at about 10pm last night :(. He seems absolutely fine today so not sure what that was all about, but we've stayed in this morning anyway just incase. Pity though, as it's been dry thus far.

Cheque has just arrived :j:j:j:j:j.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh no poor DS, hope there is no more sick.

Yay to the cheque, have you decided on what you're doing with it yet? (other than banking it :rotfl:) xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure