We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs to you xx
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,967 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    girlatplay wrote: »
    Hugs to you xx

Thank you :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,701 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hugs from me again too xx

It helps a bit when you have more than one fur baby, I can't begin to imagine how empty the house would feel if you only had the one and lost it :(
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Conservatory is mostly done.
    It hurts so much to hoover even for a short time but I got it done.
    Vet bills have been horrendous this last week & I have had extra physio. The coffers are empty & the cupboards are just about bare.
    I am very lucky though in that I have a lovely family & friends including my lovely friends here :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hugs from me again too xx

It helps a bit when you have more than one fur baby, I can't begin to imagine how empty the house would feel if you only had the one and lost it :(

I know:(:(
    I just worry about my two boys.
    J is 14 & N is 19 & getting slower:(:(
    But please nothing else this year.

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,850 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news. Hugs Beanie

L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hadn’t realised J was 14 - I had it in my mind you’d taken them on as youngsters.
    After we took our dog to the vets for the final time, I really, really resented parting with the cash and having just ‘emptiness’ to show for it.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    I hadn’t realised J was 14 - I had it in my mind you’d taken them on as youngsters.
    After we took our dog to the vets for the final time, I really, really resented parting with the cash and having just ‘emptiness’ to show for it.
    Yes, they were 13 when I got them.
    The joys of older cats :(

Dreich & very wet & cold here today.

• beanielou
    Options
    In better news I have had my hair cut & coloured at the hairdresser today.
    What a difference it has made.
    It was booked before the vet bills of the last week & did think about cancelling it.
    Anyway it is done :D

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,701 Forumite
    Options
    And it looks fabulous too xx

You need something to make you feel better, money well spent, now you need some gin :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback