Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Beanielou Just popping out from lurking just to say I know what your going through with your Miss J. The same happened to me Christmas before last. My cat developed a cough thought it was fur balls as he used to suffer with them. One morning we found he had lost use of his front leg. He was just dragging it. He had cancer which had spread from the chest to the nerve endings on his leg. I had the tough decision like you and also decided to go for the steroid injection to bide time. He lasted 2 more weeks but it had got to the stage where I was carrying him to his food and litter tray. Decided that I really should take him to the vets and say goodbye. Just before leaving to go to the vets he had a bad coughing fit. He was ok and we got to the vets and by luck the vet that wasn’t available that l had always seen was able to see me as her patient had gone awol and the owner couldn’t find her. We went in the consultation room and she said my cat was on his final moments. He died peacefully naturally with us there. So very sad miss him terribly. But I know it was the right decision. We must remember that our cats have had a great life with us no matter how long we have been privileged to have them.Take care lovely lady and think of the joy you have given them. xx

Thank you so much for delurking.
    So sorry to read about your fur baby.
    It is so hard.

Slept badly last night & awake early for me.
    Have decided that tomorrow will be the day & not looking forward to it but must do my best by her.
    I just didn’t think J or J would go before Mr N
    But I know I have given J & J a great year in a lovely house rather than being stuck in a pen to see out their last time.
    Nearly time for Miss J to fly high over rainbow bridge.
    She is such a fighter.
    So soon there will only be 2.
    My heart hurts.
    But that is ok in return for all the love & joy & snuggles that they give us.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    I am hoping DS will be able to help me to take her.
    I don’t expect him to be there in the room just to carry her in.
    I am very lucky in that I will still have Master J & Mr N
    I am worried about how Master J will be though. 14 years with his sister.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're right, beanie, it's about their health - I decided when to have my two lovely cats PTS solely on that, the vets described what would happen otherwise, and I couldn't have that. Let yourself be there for them, and then be kind to yourself too, and have a good cry. Thinking of you xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thinking of you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks Karmcat & Lucky :) xx

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aw Beanie, its so hard, sorry to hear re Miss J and what you will have to be doing tomorrow. Hope your DS can help with you getting there. I've been in that position a few times as OH and I seem to attract older boys and girls [cats only ;)] who have needed a home for various reasons.

Its heartbreaking being there when they are PTS and I always cry bucketloads in the vets as well as after. In fact am doing that now thinking about it :o. Hugs to you ((((.))))
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,599 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just hugs :p
    January spends - £587.58
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Mrs_Money_Penny Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sending hugs to you. I was worried when I lost my cat as they had been together as brothers for 16 years. The cat I lost was the dominant one would do all the meowing and asking. My other cat Smokey would just stand back. At first he seemed lost but is now so needy. Very vocal he is now 17 1/2 and is starting to have kidney issues. Not eating much losing weight every month and looking very thin. He actually sits still now for me to brush him as he doesn’t put much effort in as can’t be bothered and therefore not looking his best. He doesn’t go out much which means I now have to get his claws cut regularly. I never thought that this cat would be the one I would loose first. They do get used to being on their own although you do have another cat for company. Will be thinking of you. I went with my husband and we were both in tears at the vets. xx
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've fallen again Beanie. I'm sure I'd have lost the confidence to go out on my own so I think you're brilliant still making sure you get out and about doing what you need to do.

Poor Miss J :( but it does sound like the kindest thing you can do for her now is to let her go peacefully. xx
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thank you :)
    Glasgow? Dundee? x
    She was from Dundee.

Hugs to you Beanie.
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback