Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Has your DS got a valid reason why not? I think you'd love the cats and I'm sure they wouldn't be any trouble. Is he thinking about possible vet bills? Your best boy will come round - mine did eventually, although it was more tolerance than acceptance. He never forgave me for getting the dog though.
    DS is worried that my other best boy will not cope well with the introduction of two new cats.
    I have to say that this is my main concern too.
    But I do think if the introductions are done properly all should be ok.
    Tolerance is ok.

Arrrrgh.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good luck with the cats.
    I'm hoping for my dog by the end of 2018.
    Now I have my 4 days agreed I only have 2 days where I am not home. It is all looking more possible :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    One of my work friends sadly lost both her old cats this year within weeks of each other. She vowed not to get another cat as she was so upset. So a few weeks down the line and she now has two rescue cats. We can't live without them can we :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    Options
    One of my work friends sadly lost both her old cats this year within weeks of each other. She vowed not to get another cat as she was so upset. So a few weeks down the line and she now has two rescue cats. We can't live without them can we :)

Most definatly not :)
    So glad that your first day went well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    The CC is finally gone :j :j :j :j

• beanielou
    Options
    I still cannot make my mind about the cats.
    Heart says yes.
    Head says no.

• beanielou
    Options
    I am so so tired.
    Had a long snooze this afternoon & woke up feeling really groggy.
    So missed book club.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news about the cc :)

Could you write a list of pros and cons for the cat decision? Ultimately only you can decide what's best for you in the end.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great news about the cc :)

Could you write a list of pros and cons for the cat decision? Ultimately only you can decide what's best for you in the end.

I have done this already.
    STill no further forward:eek:

• beanielou
    Options
    Watching The Split.
    Makes my life seem so simple!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback