Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,663 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Oh ginger! There's a couple (father and son, I think, both live locally) who purloin the hard standing at the front of my house, to use as a suntrap :) its very cute, and they don't often run away if I open the door softly enough. Then I have happy cats twisting about my legs :):):)

How lovely.
    Lucky you :):A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    From my experience with introducing new cats, put the new ones in one room for the first couple of days to get used to the smell of your house and you and then gradually let them meet your old boy, he will not be impressed and get a bit huffy but they all come round eventually.

Looking forward to seeing the photos x
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Pooky wrote: »
    From my experience with introducing new cats, put the new ones in one room for the first couple of days to get used to the smell of your house and you and then gradually let them meet your old boy, he will not be impressed and get a bit huffy but they all come round eventually.

Looking forward to seeing the photos x

Thanks Pooky :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Lovely news about the cats - I’m rather partial to a redhead whatever the species ;).

I didn’t watch the wedding, only the highlights, but felt choked up when Harry told Meghan she looked amazing :cool: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm with you about the cats - you'd have kept wondering about them and it's company. Just hope your old boy is ok with them.

I always had cats when I was younger but am really allergic now - so no chance of me getting a cat BUT I'd love a dog but will wait until we retire and have time to decorate to it.
    January spends - £587.58
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That is so lovely of you, giving those cats a home! Senior animals often struggle to find a nice place to live (everyone wants to adopt kittens). Maybe you could share a photo with us once you get them. :T
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • beanielou
    Options
    Cats are not happening this week.
    My DS is not in favour & part of me can see why.
    I will continue to ponder.
    I am most worried about my best boy feeling it is not his home.

• beanielou
    Options
    Lovely news about the cats - I’m rather partial to a redhead whatever the species ;).

I didn’t watch the wedding, only the highlights, but felt choked up when Harry told Meghan she looked amazing :cool: Xx

:D:D to redheads.

• beanielou
    Options
    julicorn wrote: »
    That is so lovely of you, giving those cats a home! Senior animals often struggle to find a nice place to live (everyone wants to adopt kittens). Maybe you could share a photo with us once you get them. :T

Thank you.
    On hold til I ponder further.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,532 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Has your DS got a valid reason why not? I think you'd love the cats and I'm sure they wouldn't be any trouble. Is he thinking about possible vet bills? Your best boy will come round - mine did eventually, although it was more tolerance than acceptance. He never forgave me for getting the dog though.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback