Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    To cap it all I cannot get the lid of the beetroot :mad:
    Even my rubber band trick has not worked :mad:going
    Bah is all.

& I have a cardboard cut that is going septic. :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    To cap it all I cannot get the lid of the beetroot :mad:
    Even my rubber band trick has not worked :mad:going
    Bah is all.

Have you tried piercing the lid to let the vacuum out? Use a screwdriver if you can or ideally one of those old-fashioned tin openers. You can use the tip of a knife if you must, but that's not for the careless or faint-hearted.
    & I have a cardboard cut that is going septic. :mad:

Get that sorted out ASAP. Topical antiseptics are widely available.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    No!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(

Unfortunately they're not all they're cracked up to be. Next door had the heat exchanger go which was expensive, but the most common fault seems to be the diaphragm goes - thankfully reasonably cheap. What that does in a boiler, I have no idea - perhaps the boiler gets pregnant?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Unfortunately they're not all they're cracked up to be. Next door had the heat exchanger go which was expensive, but the most common fault seems to be the diaphragm goes - thankfully reasonably cheap. What that does in a boiler, I have no idea - perhaps the boiler gets pregnant?

:rotfl::rotfl:
    The mind boggles!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Oooh, I think this applies to me too. I need to sort out boiler cover. I vaguely remember Orange Ena has all household emergency cover under one policy. I shall ask her and report back. Have a relaxing evening
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Boiler cover now set up.
    First payment in October.
    Will have to cut down else where but I cant stand the cold & my muscles seize up.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Better to be safe than sorry. Mine saved me a fortune over the years. Will be putting in place again once the guarantee for my new boiler runs out.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me de-lurking for a moment, I know little about mobility scooters, but something that has stuck in my pea brain was someone I knew told me that she and her husband had both started with three wheeled ones, but had changed to four wheels because they were much more stable, her husband had managed to turn his 3 wheeler over at some stage. Worth checking out perhaps.:)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • beanielou
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind me de-lurking for a moment, I know little about mobility scooters, but something that has stuck in my pea brain was someone I knew told me that she and her husband had both started with three wheeled ones, but had changed to four wheels because they were much more stable, her husband had managed to turn his 3 wheeler over at some stage. Worth checking out perhaps.:)

Thanks a lot for that :)

• beanielou
    Options
    I am having a friend to stay for one night this week.
    I keep trying to remind myself she is coming to see me & not the state of my humble adode.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback