Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Edinburgh raspberry gin is the business :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There's a local brewer in a nearby town with a shop that sells spirits from all over - I might have a lookout for that :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy birthday to my awesome DS :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    No notebook :(
    Think of the notebook and where you have looked. Now say out loud: "Saint Antony, Saint Antony, return that which is mine". Now look at wherever popped into your head, even if you've searched thee to death already.

Our next town has a gin distillery and makes a beautiful strawberry gin. I have to get some occasionally (just for quality control purposes obviously :D). Rhubarb gin is a thing of great beauty :beer:.
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks for that gallygirl :)

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    All this talk of gin is making my mint infused water sound very unappealing. If it wasn't a school night .....
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Z~~ If you are around?
    Remember you kindly looked at wee scooters for me?
    The lite3 is out of stock.
    Can you please look at the lite 4 for me & see what you think? Big thanks :)

The company I am pondering unfortunatly have no showrooms in Scotland.
    I am unsure what to do as in an ideal world I would prefer to try before I buy. Unfortunatly I seem to be unable to find another one that is a similar weight.
    DEcisions, decisions.............

Thoughts readers?
    (Not that there is anywhere like enough in the scooter fund yey :rotfl:

• beanielou
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    All this talk of gin is making my mint infused water sound very unappealing. If it wasn't a school night .....

Passes the raspberry gin:D

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Z~~ If you are around?
    Remember you kindly looked at wee scooters for me?
    The lite3 is out of stock.
    Can you please look at the lite 4 for me & see what you think? Big thanks :)

Do you have a linky? I can't seem to find it.
    The company I am pondering unfortunatly have no showrooms in Scotland.
    I am unsure what to do as in an ideal world I would prefer to try before I buy. Unfortunatly I seem to be unable to find another one that is a similar weight.
    DEcisions, decisions.............

Thoughts readers?
    (Not that there is anywhere like enough in the scooter fund yey :rotfl:

Not having showrooms in Scotland sounds like an excuse for a trip out to Englandshire. Undoubtedly it'll be darn sarf so the hot weather will be good for your bones.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    You may be best off speaking to a salesman, because this https://www.careco.co.uk/item-p-ms01060/careco-airlite-3-wheel-travel-mobility-scooter is one of the lightest I can see.

You may also want to investigate something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LI12-12-Ultramax-12v-12Ah-LiFePO4-Lithium-Iron-Phosphate-Battery-and-Charger-/122423814678?epid=719328740&hash=item1c81072a16:g:2W0AAOSwc-tY3lF7 as they're a lot better than lead-acid batteries (but they do cost).

Z~~it was the top one.
    Apparantly there is also an airlite4.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback