We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jwil said:
    Sorry things are tough at the moment, and well done for having the conversation with your Mum.

You are in no way a benefit scrounger and nor are the millions of others that need support for their physical and mental health.  This vile government are stoking this nonsense to distract from their corruption and incompetence (and decimation of public services).  Whilst some media lap it up, there are other sides of the media who recognise it for what it is.
    Totally agree.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 235 payments to go - now £182,428 Equity 27.02%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £13.45K
    3) CC £6.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.2K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.1K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
    6) SIPP £4.1K
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’m pleased you had that conversation with your mum. Hopefully she accepted what you told her. At least it’s said now
    I'm sorry things are so tough…sending virtual hugs your way.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,944 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Horrid day here today with torrential rain.. I have had to put the heating on!
    Got my bedroom carpet cleaned today.  You will know why!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bet your carpet has come up great. You sound as if you’re getting the house lovely for yourself with the decluttering you’ve been doing and the garden jobs you’ve been getting done. You deserve a nice space to spend your time.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    milann said:
    Bet your carpet has come up great. You sound as if you’re getting the house lovely for yourself with the decluttering you’ve been doing and the garden jobs you’ve been getting done. You deserve a nice space to spend your time.
    Still a way to go but it's much better  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I put the heating on for half an hour earlier, now it’s under a blanket with the furry, purring hot water bottle 😂 it was 12C today after all that sunshine!
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current May 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £3300/7000

Mortgage balance: £50112

Make £100 extra a month: June £218. Boiler £376/2000

47 pay days until freedom!
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I dug out my hot water bottle again yesterday!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    Options
    Went to a coffee morning this morning. No coat so I got a bit drookit! 
    Home now and watching the pilot of Suits. Is MM Jessica? 

• Debsnewbudget
    Debsnewbudget Posts: 766 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No she played Rachel 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts