Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,428 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to see you scooting about :)

Thank you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay - Happy scooting. I bet it made a huge difference to you just being able to ‘nip’ for forgotten items :T
    Oooohhh- I’ve just got too many embarrassing stories. The wheelchair story jogged my memory...... we were on Peranporth beach and I was trying to get dh in his wheelchair off the beach at the end of a lovely day when he was about 10 years old.....dh and dd had gone on ahead to get some fish and chips for us all.....the sand was too soft to push so I decided to pull. Dh was loaded up with beach stuff - there were bags on the handles of his chair.....I was pulling and walking backwards. We we’re chatting and laughing that I’d got a good rhythm going then.......I stepped into a massive hole somebody had dug in the sand... I fell backwards, the chair tipped on me, stuff went everywhere. The more I tried to get us up the more I slipped in the soft sand, we were both helpless laughing- folk came flying from every direction to help. Embarrassed or what.....mmm he never trusted me to pull him backwards again. We often chuckle about it.:rotfl::rotfl:
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Yay - Happy scooting. I bet it made a huge difference to you just being able to ‘nip’ for forgotten items :T
    Oooohhh- I’ve just got too many embarrassing stories. The wheelchair story jogged my memory...... we were on Peranporth beach and I was trying to get dh in his wheelchair off the beach at the end of a lovely day when he was about 10 years old.....dh and dd had gone on ahead to get some fish and chips for us all.....the sand was too soft to push so I decided to pull. Dh was loaded up with beach stuff - there were bags on the handles of his chair.....I was pulling and walking backwards. We we’re chatting and laughing that I’d got a good rhythm going then.......I stepped into a massive hole somebody had dug in the sand... I fell backwards, the chair tipped on me, stuff went everywhere. The more I tried to get us up the more I slipped in the soft sand, we were both helpless laughing- folk came flying from every direction to help. Embarrassed or what.....mmm he never trusted me to pull him backwards again. We often chuckle about it.:rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Sorry.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Out for lunch tomorrow with some friends.
    Looking forward to that :)

• NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Just been having a catch up. I hope your feeling okay.
    We sent food to a food bank via beavers and then via school this week in partnership with sally army. Years ago i managed a hostel so would be a referrer for sally army. Im worried now that my donation was rubbish. Many moons ago i worked with people who struggled for gas and electric so wanted quick cook stuff. This week School asked for dried or tinned as they were carrying it. Whats the main need at your place? Im sure its common across the country. I always wonder if people think beans tuna soup etc is naff but i dont know whether to send just quick c
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 15.5k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Cook stuff or not. Please educate me :)
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 15.5k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • beanielou
    Options
    Never ending :wave:

In our FB in the main the best received things are tinned main meals & FB pies. Tinned cold meat & tinned tuna.
    People often dont have enough gas/electric to actually cook or dont want to cook.
    Tinned pudding rice & custard popular too.
    Tinned everything really.
    Wee treats ie biscuits or snacks well received too :)

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Enjoy lunch - the sun is shining here - hope it’s shining on you too.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Raining here.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hiya beanie :) I was thinking of you while I was away on holiday, actually - my sister wants to start doing some voluntary work, and thought the fb would be best, though she was slightly concerned about breaking into tears on site - she's been in tears at some of the tv interviews she's seen about fb users :( and I know you often find it tough by the end of the day. You seem to think its still worthwhile to do it though, thats right, isn't it?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure