🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tesco gave me an extra 500MB when I asked

Options
MarkBargain
MarkBargain Posts: 1,641 Forumite
I took an HTC Desire C contract 18-months ago, on a capped £10 a month tariff which came with 500 mins, unlimited texts and 500MB a month.

500MB has become a struggle so I went onto the online chat on the Tesco Mobile website. After explaining for some time how it was a problem, they upped my 500MB to 1GB for no extra cost so long as I agreed to change my cap to a £2.50 a month 'safety buffer' (only charged if I make calls outside my allowance e.g. abroad). I agreed to that.

I later checked my account and the 500 mins had dropped to 250 mins. I went to chat again and explained this was not what I agreed, so they upped it back to 500 as a 'loyalty bundle'.

So, £10 a month for 500 mins, 1GB internet and unlimited texts is very good value in my opinion, especially with the comfort of the safety buffer meaning the bill can never exceed £12.50. Result!

Comments

• dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    Im sticking with my 2000 mins, 5000 3-3 minutes, 5000 texts and UNLIMITED data from 3 :)
  • secretmsg
    secretmsg Posts: 230 Forumite
    Options
    Same here paying only £12
  • MarkBargain
    Options
    That Three deal would cost a new customer £23, but great if you could get it for £12 through retentions.

I am not saying Tesco is the best value for everyone, but if you are already with them suggesting a way to get a bit more data for your money.
  • secretmsg
    secretmsg Posts: 230 Forumite
    Options
    i have noticed that online live chat of o2 and tesco are very helpful in terms of giving loyalty discounts.When i was with o2, i had 2 contracts and was offered £3 discount and got better deals on upgrade compared to calling CS.
  • AndysDad
    AndysDad Posts: 694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Make sure they haven't signed you up to a new contract. :D
  • MarkBargain
    Options
    AndysDad wrote: »
    Make sure they haven't signed you up to a new contract. :D

I did confirm that and took screenshots of the chat.
  • secretmsg
    Options
    i can even send chat script to your email, they do have option for print or email.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport