No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2014

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    lynseydee wrote: »
    Originally posted this in the October thread but thought I'd better move it over here so it didn't get lost.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dolly84 viewpost.gif
    Lyndsydee - I only ever had a wax done once, it was painful but worse than that I had skin that looked like plucked chicken and was actually bleeding, I never had it done again. The results don't last long enough and you have to wait for a certain length of hair to get it done again. I never, ever use a razor as you can get ingrown hairs (this will be what your rash is) I use a cream hair remover specially for that area, it takes 5 minutes and the results are good and you can do it easily and cheaply at home.

Dolly, would you mind telling me which cream you used. Have had a look to see what is on the market and it seems to be a mine field of various creams for various parts of the body :eek:

I am currently using a Nair cream, it is for sensitive skin and says on the box suitable for use on bikini line. I have no problems with it at all, just put a layer on, it needs to cover the hair but not really thickly then you can tell when it is time to take it off as the hair looks bendy, remove with spatula and shower to get rid of any scent from the cream.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a sort of uu

Mitchum Solid Deo Stick in Waterlilly - I have had three of these and all of them have broken whilst still having quite a bit of product left. It does the job and smells nice but I WNBA due to the breaking.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,526 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for starting us off again Babafette. And congratulations on your wedding sjprmc01, you look beautiful.

Have one UU to report:

TBS Brazil nut body butter - I used to love this back in the day but the version they brought back just doesn't smell the same. It's not as rich and sweet and has a very plasticy after scent. Have one more tub to UU but I don't think I would repurchase if they brought it back again.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Afternoon all! Back from Blackpool, very tired but just wanted to say hello!
    nilequeen wrote: »
    Thanks Kadison
    Would you remember the price of the Dermalogica and non Dermalogica cloths and are they disposable or reuseable?
    I would like to try one.
    cheers

The Dermalogica were about £10 from my local salon, the ones in TKMaxx were £5.99 for 2 but I haven't used those ones yet to compare. They are reusable, like a long scrubbing cloth that you can scrunch up for your body or use long for your back. :money:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Willowbee wrote: »
    I need to have another No Spend month but am finding all the Christmas sets and offers difficult to ignore :eek: Every time that I'm tempted I remind myself how many lovely (and not so lovely) things that I still have to use up! Still not easy though...

One good thing - I've fished my bottle of Philosophy Christmas Cookie shower gel out of my stash and I like it more than when I first used it. The scent has faded just a little and it smells more biscuity and is just much nicer (to my nose, anyhow :rotfl:)

Best of luck everyone :)

I think this is my problem too at the moment, seeing all the lovely gift sets. Got an email from QVC as well showing the November TSVs. Looks like I won't want the Elemis TSV this year though as I think it features the Rose and Jasmine fragrance again which is horrible. There was no Cancer Research kit either so not sure where MrM will buy my stockpile of PCMC from!

Speaking of which I am just about to UU a 30ml pot of this and only have one other left in the stash. Therefore I calculate that I need 6 of them to see me through the year. Anybody know of any good deals on Elemis at the mo?

I love Philosophy Christmas Cookie. Went into Boots at weekend to see if they had the Iced Pumpkin one but they didn't nor did they have any testers open to have a sniff at! Pah! Bought some birthday and Christmas presents from Boots but nothing for myself so not a bad start to the month.
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    I'm back for the challenge this month :). At least I will be after my wee honeymoon (I have acquired some toiletries though) here's a wee wedding pic from Fri:http://instagram.com/p/u46M42thhV/

You looked gorgeous. Have a lovely honeymoon.
    I'm back in and have more Bday gifts to declare

Lush snow Fiary 100g
    Lush Northern Lights
    Lush Volcano foot mask
    Lush Stepping Stone
    Lush First Snow
    Bath and Bodyworks Sweet Pea Body Lotion
    S&G Hand Wash and Hand Cream set

So many lovely pressies, so much yummy food and drink, truely spoilt this weekend:):)

That little stash sounds lovely. I especially love B&BW Sweet Pea and will definitely be getting some next year when I visit the US.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    L'Occitane verveine 75ml shower. Did not like the smell one bit and was glad to see the back of it. I WNBA

Did you mean Verbena? Verveine is the stuff that kills vampires in The Vampire Diaries. (I know, I need to get out more!).

Which reminds me have first UU for November : L'Occitane Verbena handwash. Bought an eco refill recently to refill this.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    L'Occitane verveine 75ml shower. Did not like the smell one bit and was glad to see the back of it. I WNBA
    VALM wrote: »
    Did you mean Verbena? Verveine is the stuff that kills vampires in The Vampire Diaries. (I know, I need to get out more!).

Which reminds me have first UU for November : L'Occitane Verbena handwash. Bought an eco refill recently to refill this.

She might have meant this stuff..........(Which must be the French for Verbena)

http://uk.loccitane.com/verveine-shower-gel--verbena-,83,1,29793,269711.htm

I have some 'Frisson de Verveine' :D

http://uk.loccitane.com/Search.aspx?search=Frisson&c=83&l=1
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I have a sort of uu

Mitchum Solid Deo Stick in Waterlilly - I have had three of these and all of them have broken whilst still having quite a bit of product left. It does the job and smells nice but I WNBA due to the breaking.

Contact Mitchum. the sticks should never break. Solids are the norm over here, roll ons are just not popular.

I've used Nivea, Mitchum, Secret and Dove sticks and none of ever broken. the last half inch might fall out of the container but you just stick it back in.

Are you twisting too much up at a time?
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Another couple of Ins for me :)

L'Oreal Ever Riche Nourishing and Flowing Shampoo
    L'Oreal Ever Riche Nourishing and Flowing Conditioner

These were on offer for £3.99 each and I have wanted to try for a while.

I am going to carry out a GA to cancel them out:

Bed Head Tigi Urban Antidotes 750ml
    Clarins Delicious Self Tanning Cream

And probably also a TA:

Andrew Barton Orange Blossom 225ml

Total: 52 items

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • Babafette
    Babafette Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Evening ladies, I hope everybody is well. I am obviously back in for another month! :D I'm currently sporting Sally Hansen Shell We Dance on my nails but have no use ups to report.
    Willowbee wrote: »
    Thank you, Babafette, for starting the thread :) I hope that you've recovered from your blood test?
    Thanks for remembering Willowbee. :) I did have a panic attack but the nurse was lovely and she was very gentle so I got through it. :o Just waiting for the result now.
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    I'm back for the challenge this month :). At least I will be after my wee honeymoon (I have acquired some toiletries though) here's a wee wedding pic from Fri:http://instagram.com/p/u46M42thhV/
    Congratulations sjprmc01, I hope you have a lovely honeymoon.
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.... :/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport