Premium Bonds Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• shanew4874
    shanew4874 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    Is it correct that you receive a letter for any win that is £10,000 - £100,000? Does the win still show up in your balance in your online account? So if you have a holding of say £13,000 and you win £10,000 then your account will show £23,000 on draw day but you will receive a letter confirming the win a few days later in the post asking how you want to proceed with the £10,000 win as in reinvest in more bonds or have it paid into your bank?
    eskbanker said:
    So basically any wins between £25-£1000 get automatically reinvested or paid into your bank account and any win of £5000 or higher you will receive a letter through the post confirming the win around a week after the draw has been made 
    As above, NS&I's terms document doesn't seem to elaborate beyond "we may check with you before we pay or reinvest your prize" - where did you read about a letter being sent about a week after the draw?
    Cant remember where I read it but I’m sure it stated that any win that is £10,00-£100,000 they send you a letter through the post, clearly whoever wrote that was incorrect though it seems 
    I'm not saying that's wrong as such, just observing that NS&I don't seem to make any reference to that practice in the product documentation.

However, it's likely to be academic anyway - with a £13K holding, a £5K prize is only going to happen once every 457 years on average (higher ones being even less 'frequent'), so don't hold your breath!
    Currently have £23,500 holding, had two wins last month, one for £25 and another for £500 so must have had much higher than average luck so far I’m guessing, I put bought £22,500 last March so have had wins totalling £1000 over the last 12 months, nothing the first month but has picked up over the year, obviously last months £500 win makes the 12 month return look a lot rosier, am now mentally preparing for a few months of very low or zero wins.
  • shanew4874
    Options
    Will the results be out this Tuesday with it being a bank holiday this Monday? 

Thanks 
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

Thanks 
    The prize checker app says the results of the next draw will be out on Wed 3rd April, although I think it's possible to check for large prizes the day before.
  • shanew4874
    Options
    refluxer said:

Thanks 
    The prize checker app says the results of the next draw will be out on Wed 3rd April, although I think it's possible to check for large prizes the day before.
    Ok, thank you for confirming.

regards 
  • BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The results are usually available through the web based prize checker after about 23:30 on the day before the published date.  So I'll be checking as I go to bed on Tuedsay night, which is my usual habit.  As @refluxer posted, the published list of big winners is usually available the day before (so Tuesday) if you follow the link lower down the prize checker page where I think it usually something like "check who won in April".
  • shanew4874
    Options
    BooJewels said:
    The results are usually available through the web based prize checker after about 23:30 on the day before the published date.  So I'll be checking as I go to bed on Tuedsay night, which is my usual habit.  As @refluxer posted, the published list of big winners is usually available the day before (so Tuesday) if you follow the link lower down the prize checker page where I think it usually something like "check who won in April".
    When is the earliest that wins show in your premium bond account? Think I read somewhere that it’s from 8am onwards so that would be this Wednesday after 8am at some point, sounds like I should use the prize checker app but I just log into my NS&I account to see if my account balance has changed and if so by how much 
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BooJewels said:
    When is the earliest that wins show in your premium bond account? Think I read somewhere that it’s from 8am onwards so that would be this Wednesday after 8am at some point, sounds like I should use the prize checker app but I just log into my NS&I account to see if my account balance has changed and if so by how much 
    User the prize checker website https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker if you don't want to use the app. Wins always show up a couple of days later under PBs in the NS&I account portal
  • shanew4874
    Options
    Swipe said:
    BooJewels said:
    User the prize checker website https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker if you don't want to use the app. Wins always show up a couple of days later under PBs in the NS&I account portal
    So if I put in my holders number at https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker the night before 3rd April at say 11.45pm on Tuesday 2nd April? Thanks 
  • BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That would work @shanew4874 - I find the prize checker page shows first, some time after about 23:30 the evening before their published date, the app shows a bit later that night and they usually show in my NS&I account as winning bonds the next morning.  Just be mindful that the prize checker page at that initial stage tends to show it as the previous month - it updates after midnight.  So if you win in this next draw, it might show it as March at first, when it's actually April. I then get an email several days later and payment (to an external bank account) usually clears on the 8th or 9th of the month.
  • shanew4874
    Options
    BooJewels said:
    That would work @shanew4874 - I find the prize checker page shows first, some time after about 23:30 the evening before their published date, the app shows a bit later that night and they usually show in my NS&I account as winning bonds the next morning.  Just be mindful that the prize checker page at that initial stage tends to show it as the previous month - it updates after midnight.  So if you win in this next draw, it might show it as March at first, when it's actually April. I then get an email several days later and payment (to an external bank account) usually clears on the 8th or 9th of the month.
    Ok thanks, guess it’s not too difficult to figure out if it’s showing for April even though it states March as long as you know what you won the previous month
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback