Sky+ pause icon

Options
Hi all,

Anyone know if you can make the pause icon disappear after a certain amount of time? If pausing for a while I always turn off the telly to avoid screen burn.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    If you're pausing live TV, no.

If you're pausing playback of a recording, press stop instead (playback will resume at precisely that point when you decide to start viewing again).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • AlecEiffel
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah was talking about live tv. That's a shame.

Cheers.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AlecEiffel wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone know if you can make the pause icon disappear after a certain amount of time? If pausing for a while I always turn off the telly to avoid screen burn.
    I've sometimes paused for a long time and never had a problem with screen burn.

I think this really applies to the early computer game era, when the tennis court was left on screen for hours of play.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I've sometimes paused for a long time and never had a problem with screen burn.
    Screen burn is no longer the problem it once was. Only Plasmas had any real problem with that.

However, I'd be careful leaving the decoder in Live Pause for long periods as that won't do anything to improve the lifespan of the hard drive!
  • AlecEiffel
    Options
    Screen burn is no longer the problem it once was. Only Plasmas had any real problem with that.

However, I'd be careful leaving the decoder in Live Pause for long periods as that won't do anything to improve the lifespan of the hard drive!

It's a plasma we watch on!

Will it affect the hdd? It's constantly recording anyway to allow rewinding of live tv isn't it?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    AlecEiffel wrote: »
    Will it affect the hdd? It's constantly recording anyway to allow rewinding of live tv isn't it?
    I think if you plan to be in live pause for more than a few minutes, it's better all round if you just press the record button instead. No possibility of screen burn and no extra wear on the hard drive. :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Even if you get rid of the pause icon you still have the rest of the picture present and not moving.
  • AlecEiffel
    Options
    !!!!!! wrote: »
    Even if you get rid of the pause icon you still have the rest of the picture present and not moving.

That's true, but each time you pause it the rest of the picture is different, but the pause icon is always in the same place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure