PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Sunday 26 October

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

The storm blew all night driving heavy rain against the windows and it's still going. Hope the road back to Glasgow is open, it's often closed because of land slips and high winds. Heard yesterday that a lorry blew over on Tuesday and closed the road which means that the poor chap who came from Peebles to fit my boiling tap would have had a very very long journey home - 60 mile diversion.

Am still under the duvet with my first cup of tea. Need to sort out the fridge today and get some stuff into the freezer, not back until Thursday evening. Will change the bed too and get the sheets washed. Have 'lost' a set of spoons so need to look for them.

Hope that the weather is better than here for everyone.

Happy Sunday.
  • pinkmami
    pinkmami Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    Morning!! Well today started early as I forgot to turn the clock back! Never forgotten before! So I've already made pancakes for the kids and drunk a cafetiere of coffee. Watching a film right now and then gonna start on the pottering like ironing, sorting out my drawers and ill make a fry up for lunch, a late one!

Have a good day!
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2014 at 9:57AM
    Options
    Good morning all,

Thank you GERS for starting today's thread.

Dry, but cold here this morning and have put the heating on for a while.

DGD and boyfriend came for tea yesterday it was good to see them both, and they are very good company. DD1 is coming for lunch today, so we will pick her up about 11.30 as she still isn't able to drive yet.

HESTER I hope the wedding went well and you enjoyed yourselves and that DHs toes are not too painful.

TRU do you think it is time you saw a doctor? You have been feeling sick for some time now.

LYN enjoy yourself with Pushkin, you will be missed on the threads, but look forward to hearing about your adventures. I hope DD has improved by the time she travels. We had the most horrendous fireworks last night, really loud, and poor Flora hated it. I hope Docky isn't ssuffering too much.

Have a good day everyone, but I see on the weather that Scotland is in for some nasty times and I know Gers said it had been raining all day.

Hugs to all poorlies and stay warm

Candlelightx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    GERS our posts crossed, so the weather man was correct, take care

Candlelightx
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2014 at 9:19AM
    Options
    Good morning to you all, it's my evening here in Oz. Having a fab family time, been to Melbourne, Adelaide and off to Canberra on Friday for the day. It's a festival weekend here next weekend,which is why we came at this time.

It's so good to spend such a lot of time with our DGD, but I forgot how tiring children are, I'm 30 years older than when our sons were small.

Really loving the warmth, 30 plus today but cooler at nights.

Keeping up here and there with your doings, take care all x
    Carolbee
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning All, hope its OK if I join in?

I am trying to focus on saving water at the moment. My water company phoned me last month to tell me that in the last 12 months my water usage has DOUBLED!

I have no idea how or why. So I am going to be watching my water meter for a leak. I'll take readings every evening before bed and then again in the morning.

Have ordered a free Water Hippo to go in the toilet cistern too.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, so much for putting the clocks back I was still awake at 6 this morning and it was so light that I got up and made tea. It was going to be an extra hour in bed wasn't it?

CANDLELIGHT thanks for thinking of her DD texted and said she still felt green this morning but not so badly as yesterday and it was OK as long as she didn't eat!!! Poor Doc was so scared last night because of the fireworks so we tried a valerian based pour on treatment that DD found and had sent to us (they do one for cats too) which is to calm them and I must say it helped him. He wasn't happy but he certainly wasn't quite as frantic as he usually is. It's supposed to work for a whole week so it will be interesting to see if he's calmer tonight. It's made by a company called beaphar and is 'Calming Spot On' for dogs. Hope Flora is better this morning and doesn't suffer too much this year. How I wish there was limit put on when and what could be done in urban settings for fireworks time.

GERS I hope you haven't floated away petal!!! The weather this morning looked very wet and windy for your home territory hope you all get through it OK and not have any damage, STAY SAFE!!!

Look after yourselves and have a nice day, Lyn xxx.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all

Very windy here , kept waking me up last night it's dry though

Had to clean up a spillage this morning , DH dropped a jar of coffee in the kitchen and said he'd cleaned it up last night. When I came down this morning there was coffee everywhere , so I've scrubbed the surfaces , washed the floor ,it even got inside the cupboards and I've scrubbed the sink where DH dumped the cloth from last night :cool:

Pork for lunch I cooked it yesterday as I was doing a casserole , it's all sliced up and ready to go . I'll plate up a meal for MIL too as she is nearly 90 it will save her having to make something

Anticipating a quiet day today , the washing is up to date , the house is reasonably tidy , I cleaned the guinea pig out yesterday so think I'll just see what I fancy doing

Have a good day everyone xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Still raining here and blowing a gale, Gers you can take refuge here if you get stuck!

Washing on the airers, I think that might be it for this year for outside drying, we only had about half an hour yesterday where I may have put it outside but wasn't worth the risk.

I did make 2 hot water bottle covers last night, one wasn't too good but the other one is ok, DD was suitably impressed anyway especially as I filled them and put them in her bed for when she came home late. I picked her up from the station just before midnight - don't like her walking up the steps so late.

I had lo soup for my tea, going to make some leek and potato later for a change. Beef for tea, it's a tiny piece from L!dl, good job there are only 2 of us! Looking forward to the veggies and will probably make yorkshires too.

Hope your weather is better than ours, have a good Sunday. Take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Cold here this morning but no rain atm, got a towel load in the wm and will get it on the line for a while.

Roast belly pork today with roasties parsnips, sprouts cauli and sweede, really looking forward to it, will invite mum up too.

Want to pop into town for an hour or so this morning, I want to pop into John Lewis and look at a couple of things, and start to get stocking fillers for DD, I have got a few presents ordered online and so feel a bit better about things.

Need to transfer some money over to my sistercas fund, its going to be so much easier this year !

Have good days all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport