Options
2»

Comments

• Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kittykat17 wrote: »
    Not strictly true. Orange, T Mobile & EE all have different systems. Most staff are only trained on one of the networks and not all three. All 3 have different contracts, packages, etc. Therefore, something that happens with Orange will not necessarily happen with T Mobile. Persevere with calling them and ask if there is an expiry date on the system.

Sorry, but your assertion that most staff only know one product is totally incorrect.
    In the north east, we've got 3 EE call centres, and due to the relatively large call centre industry around here, I know people that work in all three.
    The centres all share resource, and whilst I do agree that some of the frontline staff only work with one product, this is becoming by far the minority.
    The people that I know aren't frontline staff, they're TL's, Managers and CSM's.
    Be under no illusion. The enormity of this cockup cost EE a fortune. It was a good PR coup to allow the contracts to go ahead, but in monetary terms it cost them a fortune.
    Anyone in the organisation with any type of authority, is very well aware of the contracts and the fact that they're now coming to the end of the minimum term. The company is absolutely determined not to allow any further avoidable money to be lost than has already.
    I really couldn't care less about what a frontline operator has committed to (as in MJ's case above), because realistically all the company needs to do is say that they're sorry, their operator made a mistake, and here's £20 for the inconvenience.
    My mate has told me that a sweep of the system has already been done to identify accounts that didn't have expiry dates applied to the discount, and that they'll continue to do these sweeps until they've cleaned them all up.
    If anyone does get away with it, then good for them....however, it's not as clear cut as you think it might be, and from what my mate has said, there is a very clear determination by the company not to lose any more money than they have to, or have done already.
  • kittykat17
    Options
    Tony5101 wrote: »
    Sorry, but your assertion that most staff only know one product is totally incorrect.
    In the north east, we've got 3 EE call centres, and due to the relatively large call centre industry around here, I know people that work in all three.
    The centres all share resource, and whilst I do agree that some of the frontline staff only work with one product, this is becoming by far the minority.

I know this - I work in one of the NE call centres! All I am saying is that most call centre staff are only trained on one system. There are some that are trained on both Orange & EE or TM & EE but, none trained on Orange & TM. I am not saying that this discount will definitely continue past the contract date but am saying that the OP should speak to TM who are best placed to confirm or otherwise. All staff have regular briefings and should know what changes are happening, etc, on their brand. In addition, we have regular updates on our system so it should be easy enough for a TM advisor to check if the offer is ending.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure