CSA Calculations for a landlord Father

I am not yet separated, but can possibly see it going thatway shortly.

I want to make sure I am straight from the off.

I have some of my income come via PAYE via a Ltd co and someof it via personally held BTL properties.

Am I correct in thinking that I need to include the weeklygross rent as income, or am I to deduct expenses, like mortgage payments? (as Iwould with my tax return?)

Any help appreciated


  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    It's your taxable earnings, so whatever u declare to mr taxman, usually this excludes the interest on the mortgage
  • shoe*diva79
    shoe*diva79 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    The CSA now use your P60 (or tax return info) to determine a CM Assessment. So your gross earnings is what they look at for the year and they will then deduct a % (its 12% for one child).
  • jenny54321
    jenny54321 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Are the buy to let properties in joint names with the ex ? as the income and tax liabiklities are split 50 50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards