🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cancelled Dentist Appointment

Options
13»

Comments

• sinizterguy
    sinizterguy Posts: 1,178 Forumite
    Options
    keyser666 wrote: »
    They do charge for people who dont turn up, my missus did so totally irrelevant, hence why I have asked the question, good enough for them then surely it is the other way round.
    An NHS dentist cannot charge for people not attending.

So it is not irrelevant, unless she was attending a private practice.

The plate has to come back from the lab. So to a certain extent it is out of the hands of the practice.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    I think you have totally misunderstood the situation. There was an appointment date set (probably weeks ahead) and accordingly the OP's wife was unable to accept a shift on that day. Then the evening before the appointment was cancelled so she is quite rightly miffed.

On occasions with my local dentist, I've booked a check-up and hygienist appointment for the same visit and it is not until I have arrived that I am told that either dentist or the hygienist is not available because of illness/ broken down car/poorly child or pet. Meaning I have to take additional time out of work with additional transport costs for a second visit. Yes, I am sure some of these are sudden emergencies but where possible it would be nice to have the opportunity to re-arrange the appointments for convenience sake.

Thanks for explaining to my addled brain!!:o:(

However it makes it all the more strange that she would book it for a work day in advance.
    An NHS dentist cannot charge for people not attending.

So it is not irrelevant, unless she was attending a private practice.

The plate has to come back from the lab. So to a certain extent it is out of the hands of the practice.

In Scotland you can be charged for a missed appointment.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My NHS dentist charges £50 for a missed appointment or one cancelled less than 24 hours in advance.

This charge can be reduced/ cancelled at the practice manager's discretion.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    visidigi wrote: »
    What the hell gives you the right to write such drivel about another human being?

You should be having words with yourself rather than recommending what other people do.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't have written this drivel had the OP not posted a thread about claiming lost wages for a 2 out of 7 female nurse when they initially took a day off and lost wages. It is one of them, if you need the money then why take the day off to have a 10-60 minute tooth extraction? If you took the day off because you don't need the money (government grants, OP wages etc) then why make this post in the first place? I was just speculating and I was close to the mark, but got it slightly wrong (caring for someone else) so I apologise for that. Still think that the OP should have a word because taking a day off when you get only 2 days a week and THEN indicating that you need money by speculating about reclaiming money is probably not the best way to approach things...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport