Forum Home» Greenfingered MoneySaving

Daydream fund challenge part 4 - Page 1019

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

edited 4 October 2014 at 11:24AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10.5K replies 822.1K views

Replies

• RummerRummer Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So lovely to hear from Alfie! Sounds as if everyone is busy in their gardens at the moment. Today I cut the hedge, which is massive, and I got all the grass cut. Tomorrow I am planning to top up the pots with compost, sow some more seeds and finish the weeding in the side garden. It has been so warm here that I am itching to get things planted outside, however a light frost on the cars this morning was a timely reminder not to get carried away!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    882 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I am still trying to clear some ground at the front of the house. Better half & I spent ages yesterday levering out a big boulder by using a jemmie and dropping stones in about the gap when prised up. OH said that was how they did stonehenge but it wasn't on that scale at all - just felt as if it was.
    All the birds are singing their hearts out and the cherry tree is hanging with blossom. and the sun shone again - how strange to have several days on the trot of warm weather.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 23 April at 3:24PM
    RASRAS Forumite
    28.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 April at 3:24PM
    Wondered why you were so quiet. Glad to see you back, Dave. Have the eggs survived?
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • FayFay Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, I don’t even know if you’ll remember me. It’s been a while! I can’t remember where I got up to in my story to you all. But I’ve now been settled in the new house for nearly 18 months...that flew by. The garden is really coming along and if I get chance I’ll put some pics up. 
    I hope you’re all keeping well at this time. You may recall I’m a psychologist in secondary/tertiary mental health services and it’s a difficult time for us. Lots of challenges and some opportunities. Long hours and new duties too. So the garden and running is keeping me sane...I think! 
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    882 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Fay.
    Lovely day again today so more digging and generally just staring at the beauty of the place and the quiet - no nutters driving at 100 mph - no nutters chucking rubbish out of their windows - horray.
    Blackbird built a nest just at the porch so was watching the tufts of sheep wool and dried reeds getting carried up and into the gap that will be very secure and near the bird feeder too - how clever. Saw a peacock butterfly today too - they aren't that usual here. Bats flitting about this evening in the lovely sunset but came really cold so covered up the lettuce seeds with an old window. Not getting much headway but slowly slowly as I don't want to put my back out of kilter again.
    Good about the plant sales Dave. A lot of the seed places are sold out and won't take anymore orders.
    Strange days all melting into one another - lucky to have loads of outdoor space and the weather being so nice.......at last.