10.4K replies 816.8K views

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    32K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rummer said:
    Oh dear, what happed to Alfie?
    So far as we know, she found it very difficult to view the new,'improved' forum on whatever she uses. Choille emailed her details I'd gleaned from site feedback regarding issues people were having and possible work-arounds, but  she heard no more. :o

Sponsoring The Warning in 2020
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
    Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Santana.....err... Kanami Tono?
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    857 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie hasn't responded for a while;-)
    I tried phoning her but no reponse. I know Choille rather well and she was very naughty getting banned;-)
    Even up here we have butterflies floating by. It's been rather dry this last few days so I have been trying to clear some rough ground which is taking forever. It's filled with reeds and a thatch but I am getting there - just have to take it easy with my rubbish back.
    I had a terrific bonfire yesterday - love a bit of arson. My better half decided to have a bit of a clear out of old drawings - two sacks worth so that helped clear some of the willow brash that I've been sawing down now that I'm a man;-)
  • edited 18 April at 9:34PM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    32K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 April at 9:34PM
    Choille would go into discussion time and argue! The folks in there aren't worth it IMO; it's not as if any of them are going to change their minds significantly about anything.
    I entertain some pretty off-the-wall ideas, just as ideas, not facts. They might not all be right, or be entitrely correct, but I think some are less screwy than things we're asked to accept as facts.
    I soon found people in Discussion Time didn't like that; they want commitment to a particular, and usually quite conventional, POV.

EDIT: Are any of you getting email notifications? I'm not. I've tried logging out and logging in again.....
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
  • ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting email notifications. Too bloody many of them. Old forum just gave you one and told you that you wouldn't get any more until you'd looked. This one I get a message any time anyone posts anything on the forum parts I'm subscribed to. So I get gazillions from the Take a Look at This threads. I've given up going to the stuff there now mostly. I always come to the Daydreamers. I want The Nice People back. I'm not at all happy how this new forum is working. And I want to know how Choille is coping too - dunno what happened, but miss her.
  • pink_poppypink_poppy Forumite
    1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling we're okay with choille ;-) unless I'm mistaken...
    Missing alfie though, I hope she's okay and is able to post soon to let us know how she's doing.
    I'm loving the nest pics, Dave. I do miss the garden birds we had at our old house. And the hedgehogs. As much as I love it in the rented house, I can't wait to have our own place so that I can establish a bird/wildlife feeding station :smile:
    Caledonia dreamin' ...
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    32K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
     I want The Nice People back. I'm not at all happy how this new forum is working.
      Ah, I forgot Nice People was in there. I left NP when I found contributing to that and this thread simultaneously became a little onerous and repetitive.
    But you didn't expect Martin to keep ' Debate....' open, did you? What, a forum that discusses the economy at a time when it's being systematically wrecked? Crazy idea! ;)
    All I'll say about the Covid thing is, "Follow the money." There are those who are going to benefit from the turmoil, and the debt it's created, and it won't be you or me! :D There will be a huge spin-off from the 'cure' too, when it comes; perhaps not overtly financial, but in terms of the influence our saviours will wield in future.....
    Meanwhile, I'll continue to get my hands nice and dirty: a close association with a good range of bugs has served me well over the years!

469fc3ds43h3.jpg
  • Jojo_the_TightfistedJojo_the_Tightfisted Forumite
    27.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have Tawny Owls! Heard a male just after 4am - and 35 minutes later, a female joined in from a front garden about three doors down opposite - not bad for the town centre, is it?

Dragged himself out back to do the grunt work bundle up stuff for composting that I never got around to burning this winter due to copious amounts of rain every time I even thought about it. And then got him to slice the patio weeds off and move the mini greenhouse frame into direct light (the plastic cover fell apart about ten years ago). Still got tons to do out there, which will probably happen tomorrow when I'm supposed to be sitting in front of the computer waiting for emails - earthing up a forgotten large pot containing some surprise spuds, for a start. And he found a Thrush's anvil, so he's quite chuffed with that.

I'm leaving my Honeysuckle to get on with doing its own thing by the front door.- I cut off the longer shoots that were getting in the way of it closing a few weeks ago, so it's thickening up nicely. I will have to do something about the Lavenders at some point, as I neglected them and they're beginning to look a bit woody - I'm thinking of taking about a third of the ugliest woody bits off and hoping for the best. Hopefully, the Rosemary beetles will leave them and the Rosemary alone this year - I picked off the few that I had last summer - after filling in the species notification, only to get a snotty email back telling me it was too early in the year to have them. Well, yes, in normal conditions, but not in a built environment semi detached storage heater facing ESE. But hey, what would I know, compared to an 'expert'? Should have learned my lesson from being told I couldn't possibly have Cuckoo Spit on them as early as I always do and that the Purple Emperor was a figment of my imagination until I passive-aggressively sent  a reply with footage, asking 'Well, could you tell me what this is, then?'.

Bloody experts. 
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D