MyCSP-Are Pensions being paid on time?

Options

Comments

• Steve489
    Steve489 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    BoxerfanUK - the transfer of pensioner and deferred pensioner records from Capita to MyCSP was done on 18th September.

I suspect your pension payment was approved under the old system by Capita and paid on time. All new pension awards due from 18th September appear not to have been actioned by Capita and are now being paid late by MyCSP. Perhaps someone from MyCSP would like to comment?
  • gdm1
    gdm1 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I have been regularly receiving my pension since January 2014 so no explanation for this.
  • Steve489
    Options
    gdm1 - The problem for me and some others in this thread is that our new pension awards at age 60 in my case are not being paid on time. This results in a loss of interest (c. 3%) on the lump sum when it is paid late. Are you saying that your regular monthly pension payment has been stopped or delayed? If so, MyCSP's problems are far more serious than I realised.
  • gdm1
    Options
    :AWritten formal complaint copied to my MP and the Pensions Advisory Service in the post today as still no payment. My weekly telephone call to MyCSP will be on Monday. Will keep you posted. Wish me luck!
  • gdm1
    Options
    Yes Steve 489 I was in receipt of regular monthly payments since January 2014 and then suddenly they stopped. My next payment is due 13th October so starting to get anxious about that.
    Maybe if CSP directors had their pay suspended until the situation is resolved I may at least get some indication of when I will get payment.
  • MyCSP
    MyCSP Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Options
    MyCSP has taken over the administration of the CivilService pensioner and deferred members from Capita, on behalf of CabinetOffice. Letters have been sent to deferred and pensioner members, to explainwhat the change will mean for them, so if you have not received your letteryet, you should do so shortly. Pension payments should not be affected by thischange and during the transition period efforts have been made to ensure thatmembers are redirected automatically to the appropriate contact, should theyneed to discuss their pension with MyCSP. If you have a question about thischange, you can check out the FAQs on the Civil Service Pension Scheme website.
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MyCSP. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Steve489
    Options
    I'm pleased to report my lump sum has been paid on time, apart from a minor issue on the indexation awarded. However, MyCSP has been extremely slow to reply to queries.
  • gdm1
    edited 6 October 2014 at 7:33PM
    Options
    MyCSP despite what you say I still haven't been paid, so any claim that there will be no effect is unfounded. The FAQs are no help.
    I called again today. 4th time. Yet again my case will be escalated and somebody will call me. Still waiting for the telephone to ring.
    Ironically I received the letter today, dated September, advising me of the change from Capita.
    What a total shambles.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I cannot see the point of post 17 - all this and more was in link in post 3 on 1 October.
  • Organist
    Organist Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MY wife and I both got letters about MyCSP taking over the admin of pensions from Capita. It looks as if the system that they are going to supply will provide less facilities than that supplied by Capita. No online access to pension payment details, P60's or updates for personal details. So this is progress, I think not. As with my bank accounts I expect to have full online access to my pension details and not have to rely on telephone access to make changes or to find out anything about my pension. Looking at the MyCSP web site it appears at present to offer nothing of value. We have never had an issue with Capita but from the posts already on this forum MyCSP look as if they are going to be an absolute disaster. Why change something when it isn't broken. MyCSP may be cheaper for the government but if they can't deliver the impact on individuals could be catastrophic. If we don't get our pensions ontime from MyCSP I will expect to receive compensation. Hopefully, Capita will be in a position to take back the Civil Service pension admin when MyCSP's provision all falls apart.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure