MyCSP-Are Pensions being paid on time?

Options
13»

Comments

• Goldenyears
    Options
    I received my letter yesterday 6 October. I noticed it contained this curious statement:

Please be aware that payslips are only issued if your (net) monthly payment changes by more that £1

OK that may take care of changes due to coding, but it's a poor substitute for viewing your payment history. And what is this about payslips?. Recent Civil Service pensioners have never had them AFAIK. My father who retired in 1978 actually did get those in the post until his death in 2011. He didn't know or care about the online system.
  • gdm1
    gdm1 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I spoke to MyCSP again about my missing September payment. Also asked if Octobers, due on 13th would be paid on time. Dismayed to be told that Octobers payment was not authorised so unfortunately that would also be delayed. You can imagine my reaction. Later in the day a very apologetic manager called me and promised a follow up call today, which she was optimistic would be to advise payments had been made. I explained I had sent a formal letter of complaint, but this hadn't yet been received. I remain hopeful but appalled.
  • Lyncroft
    Lyncroft Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In the old days when I applied for VERS my own Civil Service department did the quote. When I applied a couple of years later the quote was provided by MyCSP. Same scheme rules yet their quote was considerably less than the one I had received a couple of years earlier. I complained. Long delay and they provided me with another quote. Still less. I gave up at this point. I applied again on another scheme and this time they were so slow in providing a quote I missed the deadline for accepting or declining! They are absolutely useless.
  • gdm1
    gdm1 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Finally.

After eventually speaking to a manager she managed to arrange for me to be sent a CHAPS payment covering September and Octobers payment. I am very grateful to her for her assistance.
    I explained to her that I still considered I had a formal complaint and a request for compensation. The aptly named Complaints Team would be dealing with that separately.
    Clearly progress has been made, however I don't think it right that it should have been my efforts to get the issue resolved and a more proactive approach from the outset would have been appropriate.
    I will update further when/if I hear about my complaint.

Pity the poor other pensioners in this situation - I fear there are many.
  • drewstew
    drewstew Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I'm pleased to say my pension payment was in my account this morning, exactly on schedule, so I can only hope my experience with the new administrator is the typical and gdm1's the rarity - pleased they've acted to sort out your problems. - Oh, and yes, I've now received my letter, but I do think these should have gone out long before the change-over.
  • BarnhamJon
    Options
    gdm1 wrote: »
    Yes I will contact the pension assistance organisation today. Sending a copy of the complaint letter to my MP is a good idea - thanks. I'm surprised the media has not picked up on this if it is as widespread as CSP imply. Checked my bank account this morning and still no payment.

Professional Pensions - a trade magazine - covered it today. Seems that MyCSP only seem to think it affects a "ridiculously small" number of people.

You can view the article by typing "MyCSP into Google
  • DeniseGurney
    Options
    I have now been waiting five months for payment of my part of a pension share following a
    divorce. My ex took early retirement as he was too ill to work, and started to receive his pension - promptly getting re-employed by the same organisation on a massive consultants salary. I have patiently waited and lived on savings for 4 years only to find My CSP won't pay me my half - when they do work out the sums it is less that he was getting 5 years ago when there should actually be parity of income. I am at the end of my tether and now owe £7000 which I have had to borrow to pay house moving bills. My CSP are full of promises, waffle and outright lies, but still no sign of my pension.
    What to do next? D
    drewstew wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I'm not reassured by any of the comments that I'll be paid my pension next week, so I'm grateful for the above, which I didn't know about. I found a link if others wish to view by Googling "Stage 1 IDR complaint", but the rules of the site do not allow me to share the link.
    The downside is they have 4 months in which to issue a "decision"!
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
  • MyCSP
    MyCSP Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello Denise

We were sorry to read that you are still awaiting an outcome.

Please could you email us directly on customerenquiries@mycsp.co.uk so we can help.

Kind regards
    MyCSP
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MyCSP. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure