Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

bathroom extractor fan problem

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in In my home (includes DIY) MoneySaving
2 replies 978 views
skchecheskcheche Forumite
2 Posts
Hi, could really do with some help with my extractor fan. The fan used to come on when turning the bathroom light and and then run on for about 5 minutes once light is turned off. The fan stopped working a few months ago and I'm trying to get it working again. I've checked with a multimeter that I'm getting 12v at the fan which I am and also checked to see if the transformer in the loft is sending 12v which it is ( I'm actually getting 13v). I've replaced fan and transformer still no joy, any suggestions?

Replies

• southcoastrgisouthcoastrgi Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you have replaced the fan & the transformer then I'd say you have a neutral fault, either it's broken or come out of the light feed
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • Right how can I test if it's broken? Have checked connections to transformer and they seem ok lights work and so does the light in the attic which is wired into the transformer. Could it be the connection in the pull cord of the light switch?
This discussion has been closed.