Refund on game from Asda?

I'm in the UK, specifically Scotland. Where do I stand here? Bought FIFA 15 for PS4 from Asda yesterday, and it's basically unplayable for me, I have a BT Home Hub and the game lags non stop, even in the menus. Apparently the only fix is to disable UPnP in your router settings.

On the basis it's not fit for purpose I took it back for a refund, but they refuse to do so, saying it's company policy to only offer exchange like for like on games. Surely this can't apply to faulty products??

Comments

• Is the game faulty, or your Home Hub?

I work for another big shop, and I know we only do credit note/gift card/exchange on things like games, dvds and CDs.

I know it is a pain, but it isn't their fault it doesn't work in your house...
  • My hub is not faulty, it's only FIFA 15 that exhibits this problem. I only found out about the fix via Google
  • gers1978 wrote: »
    My hub is not faulty, it's only FIFA 15 that exhibits this problem. I only found out about the fix via Google

Is it an issue with all hubs of your kind?
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It isn't a fault with the disc, therefore a refund won't be an option, best case is credit.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    just wait for a patch from ea.
  • gers1978 wrote: »
    I'm in the UK, specifically Scotland. Where do I stand here? Bought FIFA 15 for PS4 from Asda yesterday, and it's basically unplayable for me, I have a BT Home Hub and the game lags non stop, even in the menus. Apparently the only fix is to disable UPnP in your router settings.

On the basis it's not fit for purpose I took it back for a refund, but they refuse to do so, saying it's company policy to only offer exchange like for like on games. Surely this can't apply to faulty products??

there is a fault with the EA system. currently two fixes to this (I had the same issue)

fix one is the turn off this setting on your router "UPnP"

way two (which I personally did) you sign in with a second orgin account (i may a spare one for this) and once you log in it works.. then log back in with yours and its fine

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-15/29726-fifa-15-ps4-lag-fix

bad dropping of ball from EA
  • Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Same issues on other ISPs, making the game unplayable.

It's nothing the store can do to fix the issue, as it is completely down to EA. I'd think a refund is possible though, under SOGA. Reason for this believe would be that it is not as described/fit for purpose. If you are having to do a workaround in order to play, it's not really right.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Taiko wrote: »

It's nothing the store can do to fix the issue, as it is completely down to EA. I'd think a refund is possible though, under SOGA. Reason for this believe would be that it is not as described/fit for purpose. If you are having to do a workaround in order to play, it's not really right.
    Personally I don't see how this would be the retailers issue though, so can only see them offering credit.
  • Barny1979 wrote: »
    Personally I don't see how this would be the retailers issue though, so can only see them offering credit.

Surely it's not fit for purpose, and my contract is with the reseller?
  • Taiko wrote: »

their are temp fixes you can do yourself which work. I have played two days for 6 hours plus with no issues!

Just need to research the fixes. Have had to do it each time so far. Annoying yes but proves its something wrong with EA servers and not the game itself or worse my console.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure