Buyer has paid UK delivery price for an item going to Jersey

Options

Comments

• TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    edited 29 September 2014 at 1:08PM
    Options
    It isn't the UK. It isn't classed as the UK other than by people who are misinformed or just ignorant.

Why you think RM class them as the UK is beyond me.

Even in their help, they quite clearly don't include them as the UK.

Oh, and they don't allow ALL services.

Royal Mail gave the Channel Islands Postcodes, in the 90's, as an extension of the UK Postcode system.

The Royal Mail charge the same price as the UK, under the Universal service agreement
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    So what passports are Jersey residents entitled to hold if born there ?

Ah found it Jersey is a Crown Dependency not an overseas territory of the UK.

Yes, so not the UK.
    TKPeters wrote: »
    Royal Mail gave the Channel Islands Postcodes, in the 90's, as an extension of the UK Postcode system.

The Royal Mail charge the same price as the UK, under the Universal service agreement

I didn't realise this was up for debate. But the query was not about post codes. It was about Jersey being 'classed' as the UK.

As I said before. The only people who 'class' Jersey as in the UK are ignorant or misinformed, often both and nearly always from the UK.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    10/10 for pedantry
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, so not the UK.

I didn't realise this was up for debate. But the query was not about post codes. It was about Jersey being 'classed' as the UK BY ROYAL MAIL.

As I said before. The only people who 'class' Jersey as in the UK are ignorant or misinformed, often both and nearly always from the UK.

Exactly what does Royal Mail class the Channel Islands as then? Europe? Can't be. They don't have access to Royal Mails services like the Channel Islanders. Rest of world? Hmm. Don't think so. Or does it have its own class? Obviously, Royal Mail are ignorant and/or misinformed
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    .......... Nor do RM class it as such.

Oh yes they do.
    I'll let you go to the Royal Mail website and educate yourself.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 September 2014 at 1:29PM
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    Oh yes they do.
    RM delivery standards survey items are sent to / from the Channel Islands so they do consider it internal UK mail. The OP would probably be in the same situation with the Scottish Highlands and Islands, they failed to do their homework and did not exclude / surcharge for remote regions when using a courier and will have to take the hit or face the consequences to their seller account.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    Oh yes they do.

Being 'educated' by Royal Mail isn't something I would consider. You might, but I know where Jersey is. Like I said a few posts back. The only people that think it's in the UK are usually from the UK, most definitely ignorant and always misinformed.

This has detracted enough from the Op and therefore I shall leave you to squabble amongst yourselves. You'll be arguing Scotland is independent next…..
  • chancesare_2
    Options
    !!!!!! just because somewhere has a UK formatted postcode doesn't mean it is in the UK/you can post there for the same price as UK to UK.

Turks and Caicos -that little island off Cornwall!
    Falklands
    Gibralter
    Anguilla.....
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Being 'educated' by Royal Mail isn't something I would consider. You might, but I know where Jersey is.

Except the argument wasn't over the location of Jersey or it's official status but over how it's classified by RM. Presumably your backtracing implies that you now realize that RM in fact do classify it as UK. And why not, all that means is that for purposes of postage, there is no difference between Jersey and the UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure