IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS PCN - Help Needed

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    The question we now all want to know is, are they going to be daft enough to try court, and if so how much is OP going to screw out of them. Quite frankly, the mild boggles at the stupidity of these firms.

Do they not read these fora?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    15. I further submit that I had no opportunity to see or read any terms, let alone agree to a charge. Such is the complexity and density of the text on the Claimant’s signs that the most onerous term – the £100 parking charge notice – is buried amongst a mass of small print and does not even begin to comply with Denning MR’s “Red Hand Rule”.

I would just add the above and your defence looks good, to me. A nice honest submission from the driver who had to stop, plus some legal arguments.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the input and help.

Is the part 18 good to go too?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes, I skim-read it but it may as well be sent first, by email tomorrow.

They won't properly respond with what you are asking for but as long as your questions are reasonable then it's somewhat in your favour if they refuse to answer.
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Part 18 emailed and defence submitted this morning.
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're are being honest in your reply and it is certainly not your responsibility to correct their mistakes. I'm sure it won't take them long to realise the error, but if they failed to notice and continued to use the incorrect vrm in litigation, then that's their problem - they should be more professional !
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 September 2016 at 8:33PM
    Options
    AB_Express wrote: »
    I have another claim, stopped at the same location this time in a different car. This PCN is a few weeks behind the one that we have been talking about in this thread. In BW Legal's last correspondence, they got the reg wrong, number instead of a letter. I told them I have never been the registered keeper of a vehicle with that reg, which is true. I have had a response back and it says we note that you have never been the registered keeper of such a vehicle, a dispute you have never raised before. It goes on to say that they will need evidence from the DVLA and we will not be corresponding with me further. Then they ask me to provide evidence within 14 days. How do I respond? I have checked a few reg plate recognition websites and the reg doesn't exist. In all other correspondence, the reg has been correct.

What a nasty rude bunch BWLegal are, the more who complain about them the better.

Well, you need to get the DVLA to check out that reg number to confirm it is not yours.

Send BWLegal a copy saying that this in the hands of the DVLA and you will provide the proof as and when the DVLA does.

There is nothing further BWLegal can do until then

Any further threats from BWLegal will mean a complaint to the SRA

BWLegal really need to tone down their letters as they come across as very arrogant and ignorant, that is why so many complaints are hitting the SRA about them
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    AB_Express wrote: »
    I have another claim, stopped at the same location this time in a different car. This PCN is a few weeks behind the one that we have been talking about in this thread.

In BW Legal's last correspondence, they got the reg wrong, number instead of a letter. I told them I have never been the registered keeper of a vehicle with that reg, which is true. I have had a response back and it says we note that you have never been the registered keeper of such a vehicle, a dispute you have never raised before.

It goes on to say that they will need evidence from the DVLA and we will not be corresponding with me further. Then they ask me to provide evidence within 14 days. How do I respond? I have checked a few reg plate recognition websites and the reg doesn't exist. In all other correspondence, the reg has been correct.

Is it the second claim where they have the reg number wrong and have you actually got a claim form for that second one too?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 11 September 2016 at 2:38PM
    Options
    OK so the first one IS at claim stage.

The second one is at letters stage only and they made an error with the PCN in the heading of that letter. So you just need to keep replying to each letter and not naming the driver.

Also look at LoveNorfolk's thread for example CSA and SRA complaints. You could actually submit a complaint about BOTH cases, even though the first one is at court proceedings stage, the complaint remains valid, just the same.

Don't think 'I won't bother' please because these complaints are being taken seriously, we need more and also it will tie up BW Legal for at least 6 weeks while your complaint is investigated and might mean the second case never actually proceeds. Now, (before court paperwork in the second one) is the time to strike with those formal complaints and you can include the fact that BW Legal have been so shoddy with your data that it is clearly a boiler-plate series of threats with no scrutiny of detail or cause of action, or anything at all and the VRN error is one example of that (not just an admin slip, this is evidence of 'roboclaims' in bulk, using and abusing the court process as a cheap form of debt collection and intimidation).
  • AB_Express
    AB_Express Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2016 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-mad. Think they also referred to me as Mrs too in one letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure