We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Pizza lovers get a massive slice of the freebie action

Options
1235»

Comments

• Payless_2
    Payless_2 Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    Options
    I see a money saving opportunity for a new site :)
  • jmar47
    Options
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    Have to be a bit careful with that...most student digs have terms against keeping such things in your room...and it can invalidate student insurance iirc :)
    I bought a pizza for the 1st time last week, printed off the 2 vouchers but when I took them into my local Morrisons at Crewe, Cheshire, they refused to accept them because the pizzas are on offer and the checkout lady said it was because I would be getting one of the pizzas free and only paying 49p for the other. I later rang the store to check the info was correct and was told that the vouchers said they could not be used with another offer and that I would have to wait until the pizzas had gone back to the original price before they would accept them. I wouldn`t have minded so much if I had been getting free pizzas since the deasl started, but this was the first time I had tried to use them.
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is still on the Grabbits board.:mad:

Thanks should go to mamboboy for originally posting on hukd (on the 12/9).

Thanks should also go to claire21 for posting on the Grabbit board on the 12/9 and for linking to the original hukd post.

Thanks may even go to whichever mod moved claire21's op to the "Food Shopping & Groceries" board (even though IMO it is/could be a grabbit - but at least "the rules" were being followed).

However, Paloma Kubiak, MSE Helen and Charlotte Burns have earned no thanks. PKs report was dated 25/9, as was MSE Helen's op. CBs article (and "find") was dated 16/9. She said "[FONT=&quot]I’ve found a trick"[/FONT] (quoted from her Deals Hunter blog). If I’m being generous, she may have done. But what she obviously then didn't do is what we are all told to do - search first to see if the deal has been posted before/elsewhere. She would have then understood that someone else had "found it" and could have given credit where due.

But instead, the ”deal” was trumpeted on the Grabbits board – and now there are 2 threads, on the same subject, on different boards.

Again, PLAY FAIR MSE! In the interests of fairness and continuity, I would request that the 2 threads are merged – both have relevant posts, on topic. In case you can’t find it, it’s here.

Oh, btw, how do I get me one of these “Deals Hunter” jobs then? I can read and write too! ;)

If you’ve got this far, apologies for the rant. I’m just getting a little bit fed up of one rule for “them” and another for “us”. As others have said, it used to be such a friendly place :(
    Right then, I’ll get me coat………:rotfl:
  • S.M.
    S.M. Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    jmar47 wrote: »
    I bought a pizza for the 1st time last week, printed off the 2 vouchers but when I took them into my local Morrisons at Crewe, Cheshire, they refused to accept them because the pizzas are on offer and the checkout lady said it was because I would be getting one of the pizzas free and only paying 49p for the other. I later rang the store to check the info was correct and was told that the vouchers said they could not be used with another offer and that I would have to wait until the pizzas had gone back to the original price before they would accept them. I wouldn`t have minded so much if I had been getting free pizzas since the deasl started, but this was the first time I had tried to use them.
    Did they try scanning them at all? Only asking as I've noticed that when they scan the wrong barcode (the one with no numbers bellow it) and it dosen't work they generally start giving all sort of excuses as if they have particular knowledge of this promotion and the most popular one is the one you've heard. I always try to politely and naively point them to the other barcode which they try in an effort to prove their theory but always fail miserably. It's best to hand in the coupon so the first barcode they see is the one with the numbers, that way it almost always is the one they scan and as it automatically deducts £1.50 there are no further discussions.
  • bethansmum
    bethansmum Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Payless wrote: »
    I used to love this board, especially at this time of year as there was always loads of possible christmas pressies on.

It has really died a death now :(

It seems as if MSE staff can post anything on any board safe in the knowledge that their posts will remain where they put them while everyone else's are just moved willy nilly. The 1D stuff at Poundworld post is a prime example. If one of us had posted that it would have been promptly shifted to the Poundworld thread

I have noticed fewer offers. I didn't realise lots of deals were moved to other threads. I don't know how to find these other threads and so think I will stick with Hot uk deals as at least I only have to look in one place. I don't have time to trawl through lots of threads. Would love to bring back the "old" MSE. Change is not always for the better.
  • abailey54
    abailey54 Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2014 at 8:54AM
    Options
    mamboboy wrote: »
    I was the one who originally discovered this glitch method and posted it on HUKD.
    I've since seen it reposted here and various student deal Facebook pages... not one felt the need to give me recognition... but the utter gall of 'Deal Hunter' and Paloma Kubiak to actually claim discovery in the article here is pretty damn lame!

Thanks for sharing the info about the coupon (it's not technically a glitch) - but this was a deal that was advertised before the promo packages became available and therefore many people will have seen and shared it at around the same time. Many of us who took part in the last promo already knew the potential for free pizza.

I wouldn't get upset about people not crediting you - they may not have got the information from your HUKD post, I certainly didn't. And most people take the crediting in this and other articles with a pinch of salt anyway

But if you were the first person to share it, and the info I got came from your post - thanks v much, we have loads now x

Edit: the post you link was dated from around mid sept, the promo started in early Aug and was being discussed elsewhere on here end of July, so I don't think you can claim to be the original poster
    Final cigarette smoked 02/01/18
    Weight loss 2017 28lbs
    Weight gain 2018 8lbs :rotfl:
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just noticed on the vouchers I printed today that it says one voucher per person and can only be used by me still but I expect I could use two if my other half was with me as that would be two people.

The vouchers I used today that I printed off the other day said 1 per pizza.
    Pizzas were £2 in Tesco the other day and £1.50 in Asda today so today I got one free and one for 50p. :D
  • richardlower
    Options
    catz747 wrote: »
    Just noticed on the vouchers I printed today that it says one voucher per person and can only be used by me still but I expect I could use two if my other half was with me as that would be two people.

The vouchers I used today that I printed off the other day said 1 per pizza.
    Pizzas were £2 in Tesco the other day and £1.50 in Asda today so today I got one free and one for 50p. :D

"One coupon per person" Not noticed this before but a Morrisons in Leeds is now enforcing this. They just lost my custom! I'll now stick to just using Asda.
    If I am buying for a family and purchase 4 pizzas, I will have 8 vouchers. So am I expected to shop 8 times and only be allowed one pizza each time?
    Strange that there is no mention of "One coupon per person" in the terms and conditions on pizzaristorante website.
  • Timewarper
    Options
    I bought a bunch of the pizzas last week and printed the vouchers off as we ate them. I didn't get a chance to go in and use them before the
    Morrison's offer finished but I did go in today after work and bought £23.92-worth of pizzas for £5.50. I was able to use all the £1.50 vouchers I had and some of the £1 ones to top it up to the amount of pizzas I bought. The only thing they were concerned about was if I'd printed the same one off several times but the fact that they were able to scan them all sorted that out. Not free, but a greatly reduced price (saving me money and filling our freezer!) and I've got most of the boxes with the same offer on again! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure