We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Pizza lovers get a massive slice of the freebie action

Options

Comments

• haynick
    haynick Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    No grabbit here - yet again MSE stealing other peoples finds.
    HUDK is the place to go now.
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My link was actually to hukd, they found it, but it seemed like a good find so posted it here.

Waiting to see how long my link to the £12 off tesco stays on here before that gets moved to shopping too.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bodacious wrote: »
    probably because MSE want to take the credit for finding it as the article says "Dr Oetker pizza glitch that gave buyers of a £1.50 frozen pizza unlimited free pizza was found by MSE's Charlotte Burns – aka Deals Hunter"

I think this is why people are not posting so many deals any more because MSE will probably steal your thunder by claiming it's their find.

yes definitely many less deals mostly use hotukdeals now as many more deals which then appear on here later!
  • minislim
    Options
    when this promotion was on last year there was a similar trick that you could do with the current offer price coupled with the voucher.

the only problem was that Tesco's and Morrisons began refusing to accept the vouchers. morrisons stores had limits on how many vouchers they could accept in a week and at tesco they just began to refuse to accept them at all.

i complained to both and morrisons apologised and offered me a £5 voucher as an offer of good will. which was nice of them.
    as for tescos they never even replied back. and they wonder why their market share keeps dropping with attitudes like that!
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Totality wrote: »
    Which is what some people feared would happen when the Deals Hunter blog thing was launched.
    I don't understand why they would do this, though.
    Surely it's good advertising for the forum if they can say "MSE Forumite xyz found this deal".
  • nutty1
    nutty1 Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    is this promotion still working please
  • cupcake4
    Options
    But it tastes like cardboard:p
  • chillymonster
    Options
    Hi,

Just been to Asda in Coatbridge and they won't except printed out vouchers unless they are real with a hologram.
    The website and the Pizza box does state print off the voucher, nothing about posting a voucher out.

Think I might complain to ASDA.

Will try Morrisons later on
  • martinbuckley
    Options
    bodacious wrote: »
    probably because MSE want to take the credit for finding it as the article says "Dr Oetker pizza glitch that gave buyers of a £1.50 frozen pizza unlimited free pizza was found by MSE's Charlotte Burns – aka Deals Hunter"

I think this is why people are not posting so many deals any more because MSE will probably steal your thunder by claiming it's their find.

...rather like they were trumpeting Ovivo right up until they went bust!
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,493 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The pizzas look minging, why does being a student mean that you are only allowed crap food? :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure